1974 Chieftan 21' 165 Mercruiser I/O

oldhaven

Chief Petty Officer
Just checking in to say Hi,

Your project was one of the first I read when Igot my Starchief, and it helped me out a lot. Nice to see you are still using it and pleased with its performance.

Ron

cj8mule

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Once again the incremental upgrades are top notch. CJ.

What's next? :D

Thanks GA. Next, I'll probably get out the spray gun and paint. The rustoleum didn't hold up very well and will need to be done again before selling. Hopefully, I'll have the new Jumbo built in about 20 months and will need the Chiefs cash for the new motor purchase

Love the tolman jumbos

I absolutely love building this Tolman. I finally have enough parts cut out that it's starting to look like a boat. :D

Oh yeah that looks great CJ, nice work!

Thank you H2O!

Looks really cj, real clean lines on the D/H

Thank you Glen!

Just checking in to say Hi,

Your project was one of the first I read when Igot my Starchief, and it helped me out a lot. Nice to see you are still using it and pleased with its performance.

Ron

Thanks for stopping in oldhaven. I went and took a look at your Starchief.... great job on on that restore!

cj8mule

I've been pretty busy this winter building this:

20170321_180540_zps2w7l3xla.jpg

20170321_180443_zpshcmcnf3i.jpg

It's time to bring the Chief out of winter mode and get her ready. I'm going to sell this Spring if anyone will buy her. There's not many people around here that use Aluminium boats, but it's set up great for trolling around the Chesapeake Bay. Somebody will be getting a great old boat!! I've certainly enjoyed restoring and using her the last few years. Selling will certainly light a fire under my rear to get my Tolman Jumbo complete.

I can't wait to do some Tuna fishing!

--dave

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Hey CJ, good to see you.

The Tolman is looking like a boat! :D

Any estimated splash date? We won't hold your feet to the fire.....promise. :rolleyes:

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Tolman is coming right along :thumb:

fetch

Maybe someone who's looking for a good boat will snap up the Chief.

laurentide

Lieutenant Commander
I've been following your thread over there. It looks great! I'm really impressed with your fast progress. I love the hull color.

cj8mule

Thanks guys... building a boat is quite the undertaking. I don't know if elkhunter has came back for a visit, but his Jumbo is finished. He did an A++ job and built a great boat.

I hope to launch sometime late fall, but will depend on finding a decent outboard. (And, saving enough $$ for that outboard). The color is called Praying Mantis green and will stripe with a darker green around the gunnel. I can't wait to launch this boat and get on the Tuna grounds! I'll be sure to stop back by and post some pictures of the launch

--dave

elkhunter338

Master Chief Petty Officer
Thought I would scan the starcraft forum tonight good looking dog house will help sell the chief when the time comes. Boat build is coming along nicely, keep at it and you will be soon selling the starcraft.

cj8mule

Thought I would scan the starcraft forum tonight good looking dog house will help sell the chief when the time comes. Boat build is coming along nicely, keep at it and you will be soon selling the starcraft.

Thanks for stopping by Elk! I'm trying to sell the Chief now, but no bites. Well,,,, I've had a few, but nobody has taken her home. Most people around here don't know what it is much less it being an alum boat.

cj8mule

So, the Chieftain went to a new home across the bay. A little bitter sweet though, however it helps she went to a good guy who'll take care of it. Some of the others who were interested talked about chopping it up.

The new owner promised to make a new build thread. I hope he does.

Nothing left to do but edit my signature and enjoy my new Tolman Jumbo. I'll stop by from time to time. Thank you to everyone who helped me, you guys rock!

--dave

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Glad to hear your Chief went to a good home, those chopper types are everywhere and need to stick with an SS or similar keeping their mits off the cabin cruisers.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
You better stop by with fishing pics, CJ. The Starmada will find you! :lol:

Enjoy the heck out of the Tolman!