1973 16' SS build

Status
Not open for further replies.

64osby

Admiral
Re: 1973 16' SS build

Catching up on your work. SPLASH:D, very cool. Keep up the great work.

losdinspace

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I have some finished pictures on my phone but I can't load them.

Hoping to get my pedestals mounted and get back on the water this weekend.

Brak

Cadet

Just saw the thread...
It's great to see more SS owners in the area :D

Which lake do you frequent?

chuckndiscs

Petty Officer 1st Class

Just saw the thread...

Hey Brak! There are a couple of us Starcraft owners around! Losd has a SS, I have an SS, I believe STARCRAFTSS has one too and then theres the KING of the area - Paparoof that has a screamin Islander~! GOod to know there are more of us popping up around the Cities, looks like our fall starmada get together is going to get serious! Secretly were still chasing them MICHIGAN boys down (seems to be a lot of Starcrafts out there for some big lakes reason or another) so welcome to the MN chapter!

FYI - I frequent Lake Elmo with the family and then hit up multiple lakes for fishing or with friends (Minnetonka, Lake Winne, Games Lake, etc).

NOW back on topic _ LOSD! Get those finished pics up! I was going to go Cedar or Teak (I know, expensive) but now yours look so sweet I may have to rethink it! :)

Chuck

"The single boat launch is NOT enough!"

losdinspace

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Just saw the thread...

I'm on the northwest side of town. Fish lake, Medicine Lake and Eagle are the lake I usually hit around town but my lake of choice is near Alexandria.

We should start thinking about a 2012 Starcraft meet again. All batteries charged.

Brenn

Petty Officer 1st Class

your boat came out nice and your still going,sweet.I just caught up on the thread.

FishNmemories

Petty Officer 1st Class

Hey, Losdinspace....nice restoration on the SS. The wood panels look awesome. Somewhere down the road I plan on replacing the floor and transom too and yours turned out real nice!!

chuckndiscs

Petty Officer 1st Class

You alive LOSD? Going fishing this weekend? If so GOOD LUCK!! (and bring your video recorder or camera and be ready to take pictures of the goof balls trying to remember how to launch their boat)!!

Chuck

losdinspace

Petty Officer 2nd Class

You alive LOSD? Going fishing this weekend? If so GOOD LUCK!! (and bring your video recorder or camera and be ready to take pictures of the goof balls trying to remember how to launch their boat)!!

Chuck

I had to go to Alexandria with my brother to pick up a pontoon boat that we are selling. After it was all cleaned up we went out and did well from shore. 6 Northern, 2 walleye, and a few Bass that we let go.

Need to do some small finish work on the SS. Still have to mount the seats, add some lights and some more wood trim

losdinspace

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Finally got some work done and here are some pictures. Finished the dash pieces and changed the boxes to pedestal seat mounts. It looks so much better then before. Ignore the clutter I was too excited to clean up. :facepalm:

The plan is to go out a few times this weekend and enjoy all my hard work. There is still more stuff to work on but I need to enjoy it sometime right?? I also added some led lighting but have to wait until it gets dark to get the full effect.

losdinspace

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I said I was going to add led trailer lights way back in October 2010 finally added them and they look great. Changed the bearing seals and cleaned the bearing too.

losdinspace

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Well life has been busy busy working and raising to boys I have neglected my Starcraft fix. I wanted to check something out and found that webshots is no longer. I will have to figure out all my old pictures out or start another thread.

Tallseeker

Cadet
I have a Starcraft SS16 rebuild and floor to replace.
who has used screws instead of rivets? What kind did you use? Some metals can cause issues with aluminum. Have read glowing stories for and against stainless steel screws. Help

Status
Not open for further replies.