1972 Evinrude Fastwin Help

bob1340

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: 1972 Evinrude Fastwin Help

Just another quick question is there any way to modify the throttle to a shifter? I have the 18hp mounted to the steering wheel at the front but have to go to the back to adjust speed. Sorry if I missed this info in the sticky

I don't undrestand why you'd want to hook the throttle to the shifter.
If you are talking having a remote shift and throttle then a you need to do is buy the stuff. The motor I have was hooked up like that.

2fast4u_evinrude

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Sorry pardon by vocabulary what I ment was that I want to have the remote shift up front. Wondering is there a special kit i need to buy or any remote shift will work?

bob1340

Petty Officer 1st Class

Sorry pardon by vocabulary what I ment was that I want to have the remote shift up front. Wondering is there a special kit i need to buy or any remote shift will work?

I am not sure. The unit on my sons boat was an Atwood model probaly from the early to mid 70's. On his motor the steering handle and shifter have 1/4 turn attachment bosses for the cables to mount to. The throttle also has a shaft type deal to attach the cable. These all appear to be factory items, wheter is was an option or not I don't know. The prior owner did have to mount cable brackets on either side of the lower cowl. Everything still worked, but for now my son removed it. I'll see if I can find a site or picture of this Atwood deal for you.

2fast4u_evinrude

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I am not sure. The unit on my sons boat was an Atwood model probaly from the early to mid 70's. On his motor the steering handle and shifter have 1/4 turn attachment bosses for the cables to mount to. The throttle also has a shaft type deal to attach the cable. These all appear to be factory items, wheter is was an option or not I don't know. The prior owner did have to mount cable brackets on either side of the lower cowl. Everything still worked, but for now my son removed it. I'll see if I can find a site or picture of this Atwood deal for you.

Yes please any pics or info will help me out alot thanks