1971 1350 Wont idle after warmup.

OperativeK

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Fellas she was running great til the last two times I took her out and now once she has warmed up she just wont idle.<br /><br />(First Day)<br />If I let it sit for a while and let her cool (it seemed) then she will start back up but when I put it in gear and try to give it some gas will bog down and die again. Also if I just let her sit and idle she will die out. Prime bulb sit longer and then off she goes again.<br /><br />(Second Day)<br />Same thing occurs after warming but this time I don't wait very long prime bulp and start again then dies, dies when trying to give it gas. I did the same thing several times. I could always get her to start by using the warm up lever. So she continues to die when trying to take off again. So I prime bulb use choke (This time first time with choke) she starts then begins to stall emediatly, and I release choke, then give her gas and she reved up and off we went like normal.<br /><br />So does this seem more like a fuel issue or something else? Recommendations?

Gold Bear

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: 1971 1350 Wont idle after warmup.

OpK,<br /><br />The first thing I would try is to clean the spark plugs. Next I would open the carb idle mixture screws a tad (probably an eighth of a turn) and see if that cured the problem. Finally I would run some Seafoam through her just to "tune" things up.<br /><br />Good Luck, Gold Bear

Whoa Gold Bear, love that sig block, but on a tombstone? I think I would rather be anywhere than under a tombstone. :D

While we are on the subject let's see what is going on with my sig block.