1970's Trim/Tilt

linckeil

Petty Officer 3rd Class
i am looking for an exploded view of the power trim/tilt pump for a 1970's inline motor. i have a manual on its way that i won on ebay. it's the 1966-1974 factory service manual (90-68647). i'm hoping this will have what i need as i'm rebuilding the entire pump (electric motor as well). if this manual has the views, then I'll be ok, but if not, anyone know where i can find it?

and where would i go to get a rebuild kit for the pump - gaskets, seals, O-rings, etc...

thanks.

Laddies

Banned
Re: 1970's Trim/Tilt

Prestolite said the pumps were not field repairable and not many places had the tools to set the pressure relief valves ond other functions. So there were never any parts at dealer level, we used to get some from a local hyd. repair shop. Theres really nothing to repairing one but if you don't feel comfortable tearing one down without a manual, you might conside buying a used or rebuilt pump there are a lot of used ones out there

linckeil

Petty Officer 3rd Class

i received my manual over the weekend. unfortunatly there is not an exploded view of the pump. what i need most is view of the valve body with all the springs/balls. i tore it down and cleaned it all out, but i want to be sure i have all the parts for rebuilding before i put it back together again. does a diagram exist?

ricksrster

Commander

Does this help?

Pump.jpg

linckeil

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I can't see your pic, all it is is a box with a red X. maybe i can't see from my computer here at work. could you email the picture to me? i'd be able to see it then. linckeil@hotmail.com

thanks a lot.

linckeil

Petty Officer 3rd Class

thanks for your help. that diagram is more than i had, but i still need another view. on figure 5 of the diagram is part #6 (control valve assembly). It is this assembly that the 4 hydraulic lines hook up to. it is this part that has all the check valves / balls / springs in it. that is what i need a diagram of the most. does anyone know if an exploded view of the control valve assembly exists?

thanks.

all yeah boy

Seaman

Same topic, different problem,

I have 1971 Mercury 650, with electric tilt. The motor is stuck in the up position. When I put the drop guards down the motor goes down a bit but the pistions do not expand. The hydraulic motor works, but there is no oil in the res. Anyone know what kind of oil I should put in it? THe owners manuel says 20/20? A merc. mechanic says 5w 30. What do you all think?

Any bets on if it will drop down once I put oil in the res??

thanks

linckeil

Petty Officer 3rd Class

bringing this thread back from the dead.......

i haven't had any luck finding an exploded view of the control valve assembly. i wrote mercury and they told me to contact prestolite, who told me the contact ametek (who bought the hydauilic pump line from prestolite a few years back), who told me the contact mercury..........

so i'm running around in circles here. i can't be the first person whose taken apart the control valve assembly and is looking for an exploded view. It has to be out there somewhere... if anyone has an ideas at all about who may be able to help, i'd greatly appreciate it.

Chris1956

Supreme Mariner

Link, I looked on a merc parts site. Is indicated that the control valve a single assembly.

You probably need to get a new/used control valve, if your is not working properly.

Majozini

Cadet

Hi

I have just the same problem.
I disassembled the valve control unit (figure 6), opened the hex screws and springs with balls. So I need a Oil flow chart for this pump like that one in the PDF Documet below! Unforunately this flow chart is not for my pump!
Can somebody help me?

Thanks...

Mario

Attachments

• FlowChart.jpg
    FlowChart.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 2