1967 100hp johnson golden meteor issues

wbf30934

Cadet
Hope someone can help

I had this engine given to me so I cant complain but can anyone tell me what the idle and spark adjustment screws do and how should they be set??????

Thanks in advance

boobie

Supreme Mariner
Re: 1967 100hp johnson golden meteor issues

I think we need a better explanation on what you're trying to do. Is the mtr now running ??

wbf30934

Cadet

Sorry most of my message didn't post
the engine runs quite well. I have had the usual problems, new plugs, wires, new rotor, selinoid.
the issue has came up after running seafoam thru the engine. It had so much carbon and black goo come out of it that now its settings aren't quite right
I believe the needle valves are set correctly but I still have to go full choke to start it and usually clunks out when put in gear. My hope is the idle adjustment screw can help with running at idle.

Thanks in advance

boobie

Supreme Mariner

The initial setting on the slow speed neeedles is 1/2 turn out. You'll have to look on your throttle linkage towards the top for the idle speed adjustment screw. Did you take and run the hell out of the mtr after doing the Seafoam treatment ? If not, you better, as things may change.

wbf30934

Cadet

Great news ran it today and it ran like a champ still have a little adjusting to do for top end speed
Any ideas????
I have the needle valves out 1of full turn

Thanks in advance