Votes: 16 34.8%
  • Pettit Easypoxy

Votes: 11 23.9%

• Total voters

TruckDrivingFool

Lieutenant Commander
Re: 1964 15' Starcraft Aluminum Runabout Project

Glad to see you finally got a good fit on the cover.

Most importantly have a safe and GREAT time at the lake Lake!

lakelover

Rear Admiral

This one is for Gibbles:

Nice work

it looks like a very handy thing to have :)

I can't wait to see it in action/how it works.

wDSC_6167.jpg

Gibbles

Lieutenant Commander

Ooooo

looks so nice there above the water with that fancy cover and bright red paint!

when does it get wet? :)

lakelover

Rear Admiral

Ooooo

looks so nice there above the water with that fancy cover and bright red paint!

when does it get wet? :)

I spent a couple days, between the rain/winds, on the water. Went thru a tank of gas, everything seems to be working great. As I mentioned earlier, I still have leaks and wish I would have pursued that more carefully early on. I think I'm going to get under it and cheat with 5200 around the rivets. It takes on maybe about 1/2 gallon per hour. Glad I have the bilge pump!

Gibbles

Lieutenant Commander

I spent a couple days, between the rain/winds, on the water. Went thru a tank of gas, everything seems to be working great. As I mentioned earlier, I still have leaks and wish I would have pursued that more carefully early on. I think I'm going to get under it and cheat with 5200 around the rivets. It takes on maybe about 1/2 gallon per hour. Glad I have the bilge pump!

You and me both lol

I skipped out on the gulvit on my Jet due to cost of the propane keeping the jet warm, cost of gulvit, and not wanting to scrub/wash the inside of the boat out doors in the cold...

The worst leak was sealed up with jbweld, the rest of the water inake appears to be the splashwell as my lil kicker pulls water up and onto it when going along at 30mph :)

For the rest I just keep the bow high when parked, and let it drain to the rear to dry out.

I did find a badly welded patch (small hole, the weld looked like bubble gum) in the jet when I had the floor out, I used lots of 5200 everywhere, and even more when installing the rivets.

TruckDrivingFool

Lieutenant Commander

Does look good just hovering there at the ready. What's it take you about 5 minutes to be boating? So jealous.:)

lakelover

Rear Admiral

What's it take you about 5 minutes to be boating?

Just about 5 min. or so, yup, very lucky. I also have the covering routine down to about 5 minutes. I have yet to try it in the wind though, not looking forward to that.

lakelover

Rear Admiral

Just a little update-

I finally was able to borrow a gps.

The prop (12x17) I have gives me 36 mph @ 5500 rpm, in a light chop and a full tank of gas, just me in the boat. It still performs well with 4 in the boat, just takes a little longer to get up on plane when going from a slow cruise to WOT. I was hoping for 40, close but no cigar.

I'm really enjoying the boat a lot, have had it out several times and am starting to get my cover/uncover and lift/lower routines down.

parrisw

Ensign

Just a little update-

I finally was able to borrow a gps.

The prop (12x17) I have gives me 36 mph @ 5500 rpm, in a light chop and a full tank of gas, just me in the boat. It still performs well with 4 in the boat, just takes a little longer to get up on plane when going from a slow cruise to WOT. I was hoping for 40, close but no cigar.

I'm really enjoying the boat a lot, have had it out several times and am starting to get my cover/uncover and lift/lower routines down.

Sounds real good for that boat. Believe it or not, it actually take a fair amount of power to get over 40mph, my boat 16' Johnson Trihull, will do 43mph and its got a 115hp on it, typical power for that boat would be 90hp max.

lakelover

Rear Admiral

I can't complain, I'm very satisfied with it! Tons of fun!

jbcurt00

Staff member

Hey, just read your Iboats blog write up. Just like the Jet, nice work writing it up, again;)

The lift looks great... The locale don't look to bad either. If you've got to be on a permanent vacation, seems like just about a perfect spot:)

lakelover

Rear Admiral

Thanks, I just saw it myself.

As for the lift, I love it. To uncover & lower or raise & cover takes about 15 minutes. I think I can tweak my procedure and save a little time though.

So far, after a couple weeks of use & being tied up at the dock, the Pettit Easypoxy is holding up pretty well. No new scratches since the ones I put in with tools, or bungees on the trailer. I'll report back on that further after the season's over.

North Beach

Commander

She's gonna get scratches bud.... Danged nice lookin boat!

lakelover

Rear Admiral

She's gonna get scratches bud.... Danged nice lookin boat!
Thanks.

Yep. I just mentioned it as there has been some discussion on here regarding the durability of the Easypoxy. From great to lousy, that is. So far seems to be = OK.

North Beach

Commander

Thanks.

Yep. I just mentioned it as there has been some discussion on here regarding the durability of the Easypoxy. From great to lousy, that is. So far seems to be = OK.

Well I understand it's not gonna be as durable as whatever Starcraft used (they called it vinyl paint) but I'm just not experiencing the supposed problems I keep hearing about with mine. Sure I get some keel scratches from beaching but my top and sides still look just like the day we painted them.

lakelover

Rear Admiral

That's encouraging to hear. So far my front deck, splashwell and gunwale tops have been good during normal use. I'd say that the dings & scratches I have so far were caused by some pretty good whacks with tools & gouges with metal bungee hooks.

lakelover

Rear Admiral

Just getting around to posting an "on the water" video. Summer's a busy time what with all the R&R ya gotta do!

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner

Nice!!! I'm hopin to upgrade to a 70 hp next season.

lakelover

Rear Admiral

Thanks!

Gotta give my wife credit as the videographer, considering the tools I gave her to work with!