1961 Starcraft - 'The whole' story

Bwana Don

Lieutenant Commander
Re: 1961 Starcraft - 'The whole' story

Thanks Kev, I'm leaning to just repainting the whole front in the gray, after filling the cheese holes and sanding them, it would be easier I believe. That and the homemade bow piece from the PO is slightly off kilter as well....or....grab the sawz-all and just make it an open bow :eek: joking!

Edit: Thanks Bob for the vote of confidence ;)

Yes get the sawzall. Come over to the dark side.

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

ahhhh....If the sawz-all comes out...I say go full tilt crazy and go center console! lol

HopeSheFloats

Lieutenant Commander

OK, pitiful describes me to a tee, but I still might make splashdown this year :redface:

Been a little busy with life stuff, seems when your friends and family find out your not working, they all need a favor or three that requires just a moment or two...yah, more like hours lol oh well beats watching the grass grow.

Received my 60" slide tracks from iboats yesterday...
minidscf2197.jpg

Now the shade top can be slid back out of the way when not used...need to adjust the trolling motor, so it will all lay flat
minidscf2213.jpg

I painted the rusty old tent poles and added a few more snaps, just need to make a boot for storage...
minidscf2204.jpg

Also repainted the top, but no stripe this time...
minidscf2170.jpg

more ina minute...

HopeSheFloats

Lieutenant Commander

More^^^

Got the rod holders mounted...
minidscf2210.jpg

used a tupperware thingy to protect the fuse box a tad more...two shots combined...
63244318.jpg

found an old antenna mount, used it to mount my kill switch...
minidscf2194.jpg

junk picked{from my brother in law} some treadmill grip thingy's for arm workouts that he never used. I turned them upside down, bolted them to the trailer, wrapped them in carpet and took the hand grips, dipped them in that tool handle rubber-like stuff and mounted them up top for guide-ons...
minidscf2165.jpg

And mounted the battery boxes in a way that will allow another 6 gal gas can to fit under the splashwell...
minidscf2198.jpg

Still need to inspect the bearings, find a spare rim & tire, plate the trailer, pick up a spare prop and I'm sure I'll find something else...:redface:

Hope your all doing well!!!

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

Hey, you are that much closer my friend! Keep on!

BobsGlasstream

Commander

HSF,
You are really getting pretty innovative with this project. Great work.
Very impressive.
Take care
Bob

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Hook trailer to tow vehicle, drive to lake, insert boat, start motor. I don't understand what's so hard about this? :p:D

HopeSheFloats

Lieutenant Commander

:redface: it sox to be broke :(

My ship has came in to port, and of course I'm waiting over at the bus station :(

Actually this waiting may be subconsciously self induced...don't think the Mrs is ready for me to begin looking for the next project ;) lol

Huron Angler

Admiral

Kenny I can bring an extra trailer plate down and get that thing splashed this weekend if that's all you need:)

Awaiting further instruction...

As far as the next project goes, maybe get internet rigged on the boat so you can search for classic tin while searching for schools of monster perch:)

boatguy94

Chief Petty Officer

Looks Great! Your work has really set the bar high among us in the Starmada! You do A+++ work, I love all the details. :D
Now one more thing... Get her in the water! Can't wait to see her floatin and cruizin along :cool:.

Last edited:

HopeSheFloats

Lieutenant Commander

Thanks guys...Mike, I've still got the PO's plate if need be, but as of right now,......back burner...grrrrr

I go outside this morning, to test the kill switch and to see if the ol' gal will go into gear{as I haven't checked it before}...well Murphy was evidently un-busy, so he dropped by....Starter gave up the ghost :(

Glad the Mrs manages an auto parts, she sent it off to one of her accounts, and he/they rebuilt it and sent it back this afternoon before she left work...told ya she's a keeper! ;)

First, let me post a shot of it looking all good to go...
minidscf2225.jpg

Secondly, set-up a cheap test tank{bin found at HD for $16.00} though I had to reinforce the sides lol...
minidscf2227.jpg

And of course...murphy hasn't left...now its spitting gas out the carbs...don't know if you can see it in this vid, but back to the bench they'll have to go it seems
http://img245.imageshack.us/img245/2585/dscf2229.mp4

and if that wasn't enough, ol Murph set a curse upon the trolling motor my friend gave me...one speed only , and in reverse at that...I need a drink!
minidscf2232.jpg

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

Hey, tell that murphy to go home!! You've got fishing to do!!!

Keep after that chump!

Huron Angler

Admiral

I will tip back a labatt blue in solidarity...it seems like boat restoration is similar to whack-a-mole at times.:rolleyes::D

Always something, but it gives us something to do anyhow:D

BobsGlasstream

Commander

Hey Kenny,
Man that really does stink. I think Murphy is getting around way too much.
Great news on the starter.
Take care man.
Bob

HopeSheFloats

Lieutenant Commander

Thanks guys, btw she went into gear just fine :D but the Mrs wasn't too impressed... she was holding the water hose and standing a little too close...
Does that count as 'splashed' :D

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

Thanks guys, btw she went into gear just fine :D but the Mrs wasn't too impressed... she was holding the water hose and standing a little too close...
Does that count as 'splashed' :D

Mrs YES
Boat NO!

lol

Hang in there...Love the cardio guide ons

BobsGlasstream

Commander

HSF,
Better be careful, ahe may take the starter back. :D:p
Bob

P.S. Splash only counts when the boat goes into the water not the other way.