1955 lonestar 14 ft restore

1955lonestar

Recruit
this is my 4th generation 14 ft lonestar semi v restoration.my great grandfather bought it brand new and has been passed down to me through the years.used for quite some time but finally decided to restore it.any comments or suggestions is appreciated. thanks
photo (6).JPGmail.jpgphoto (5).JPGphoto (4).JPGphoto (9).JPGphoto (6).JPGmail.jpgphoto (5).JPGphoto (4).JPGphoto (9).JPG

jbcurt00

Staff member
Re: 1955 lonestar 14 ft restore

Is the 5th pix of the red & white what it looks like now, or what you intend to bring it back too?

Congrats on keeping the rig, essentially intact (no weird mods to hull & seats) & original, in the family since 1955. Cool!

Welcome to iboats. Vintage tin :cool: :tinfoil3:

Before you completely remove that hull paint, is it well stuck to the hull? Unless you're going to go bare aluminum on the bottom, no need to remove well stuck factory paint......

If you're going to paint the hull, the bare aluminum will need to be sprayed w/ Zinc Chromate or Self-Etching primer before you prime for your finish coat.

The Starcraft owners forum is extremely active & has lots of good info about working on & restoring aluminum hulls. Might read thru some of the tin resto's too:
Starcraft Rebuilds and Restorations, they're all here!

There are some Lonestar owners group threads too, but there will be some fiberglass models in there too.

64osby

Admiral
Re: 1955 lonestar 14 ft restore

Looks to be a completed restoration based on the registration number.

It looks great.:) Nice to keep the family treasure and history alive.

Like to see a bigger picture of the radio / fish finder set up.

Trailer looks nice too.

What model is it and what motor are you running?

I'm still working on my Lone * Star Big Fisherman 14'er. Waiting for the water to soften up.:D