1948 Century Resorter Restoration

tim72

Recruit
Re: 1948 Century Resorter Restoration

Well the fun has begun,

I finally got her home and currently have her on the trailer
Been getting the garage ready for this project

As luck would have it I have run into my first issue on this project.
Seems a earlier owner had decided to start restoring her from the top down
What a mistake that was for a wood plank boat
Seems he tried to replace some of the topside frames on the starboard side
the issue for me is that he never securely attached them to the bottom side frames
He also removed all the top side planking on that side as well (arghhh)
Needless to say, I will be spending the next few days stabilizing the hull prior to getting her off the trailer.
Then it looks like some time spent squaring her up is in order
Looks like a trip to the lumber yard is in store for me tomorrow for some bracing material

Really looking forward to this project

will post some pictures this weekend

Hi , just purchased the same boat a 1948 Century Resorter and would like to follow along with your project if you don't mind? We can swap pictures if you would be interested.

bipshoft

Petty Officer 3rd Class

all

sorry for the huge delay in posting, ran into some job security issues and had to withstand some major pay cuts

As much as I wanted to restore this old girl, I have had to put her on the market. Basically looking for someone to finish up the restoration and they can have her for free as long as they are willing to bring her back to life

I will be moving cross country in the next few weeks and am not able to move the boat

maxum247

Lieutenant

I was thinking thinking about your boat project the other day, wondering how it was coming along. Sorry to hear it is getting cancelled.

max!

LkHuronBtr

Recruit

Bips -

Sorry to read you have to part with your boat and project.

My future father-in-law, Glen, is the grandson of one of the Century designers involved with this boat (C. Hatfield Bills) and we have been searching for a 1947 or 48 Resorter or Seamaid. We are very interested in your boat and would love to hear more about it.

Glen and other local friends/family members have experience in restoring and owning antique wood boats. We have a rully restored and often used 1953 Chris Craft "Rocket".

We live in SE Michigan and could bring our own trailer to NH if needed.

Please feel free to contact me directly via email at davewalenga@hotmail.com

-Dave