18' Starcraft SuperSport restoration

Status
Not open for further replies.

singledoubt88

Seaman
Re: 18' Starcraft SuperSport restoration

Great, thanks again man just ordered two quarts. I Reckon that'll be enough. Anxious to see the updates on your project. I'm feelin the black windshield when I got mine it was missin about three pieces of glass. Not really lookin forward to takin that thing apart! Keep up the good work.

coolbikeguy

Chief Petty Officer

hey EZ ..... i still wanna get over there and get a close look at the new boat. let me know when its good for you ... scott

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Got your email scott and replied. Glad to see you back.

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Got my final coat of epoxy on the transom last night and baked the sh!t out of it with my big heater all night so it would be ready to work with today. That planned worked and the transom is now IN the boat :) Heading back out now to install all the fasterners and get 5200 all over my fingers. I'd like to get the helm installed today as well. Pics later. I am taking the camera downstairs with me.

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

The transom is in! And everything is 5200'd that needs to be. As soon as that has cured I will be able to do my last bit of painting: the transom and splashwell. Here's the boring pics:

Here the transom is slid into the boat. The boat is all dusty as I had just sanded down my JB Weld hole patches again
DSCF2588.jpg

I really thought the added thickness of the epoxy would cause me to have to beat that board into submission but it slid easily into place and all the holes lines up
DSCF2589.jpg

Fastenners and transom eyes installed and 5200'd
DSCF2590.jpg

Splashwell seam "caulked" with 5200. Once this cures I can paint all this with the light gray (white)
DSCF2591.jpg

As you can see there's quite a bit of bare aluminum on the transom skin. I was able to pick up a can of self-etching primer at Pep Boys today. I was pretty pumped that they had it.

I was at Pep Boys to get some floor mats for our new tow-beast: '05 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 V8 that I purchased on Wednesday night :)

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

I am thinking all of that transom/splashwell was pretty complected stuff. You make it look easy partner, nice work man!

HopeSheFloats

Lieutenant Commander

Looking good EZ, getting close to putting mine back in as well, of course your about ready to wet her and I only have to.......ah...never mind, looking good EZ :D

ts

Petty Officer 1st Class

BORING PICS??? NO WAY!! That is one BEAUTIFUL transom!! :D

Awesome work EZ, It's great to see what it's supposed to look like and is encouraging to a newbie like me that still has a loooooong way to go.

McGR

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Transom looks good and strong EZ, nice job - should be a strong foundation for mounting the mighty 90hp. I'm hoping to get my transom painted today too - I just got back from picking up a couple of cans of etching primer and some Rustoleum topside paint.

Congratulations on the new Jeep. I've got a '99 Grand Cherokee that's pushing close to 175K and still going strong. It's been real good to me. I'm thinking later in the year of handing off the '99 to my son and replacing it with a model similar to yours.

jspano

Senior Chief Petty Officer

looks great, the only boring photo is a non-photo.

but blue foam in the background from a noodler, i'm speechless or typeless, well i'm definitely something-less

john3931

Petty Officer 1st Class

Looking Good!!!!
I have to get over there and check it out.

Andy in NY

Commander

jeremy, any photos are better than no photos... she is looking good... but whats with the motor? is that one of the new electric hybrids? are you sure you will be able to get an extension cord long enough to take the kids out tubing??

SBTOM

Petty Officer 1st Class

Looks great, congratulations on the new jeep!

deadstriper

Petty Officer 3rd Class

How's that rod locker in the floor going to work? Are you just going to throw the rods in there? I would like to do something like that, but would kind of like to have the rods up off the hull just a bit.

tinkeringwackyone

Chief Petty Officer

looking good ez, colors are great, love the darkened windshield considering doing that myself.:cool:

sprintst

Commander

The windshield does look great. So does all the mil-spec work. Congrats on the Jeep too.

It'll be cool tooling around with the new boat in tow :)

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

How's that rod locker in the floor going to work? Are you just going to throw the rods in there? I would like to do something like that, but would kind of like to have the rods up off the hull just a bit.

I bought 2 sets of these three-rod storage racks. http://www.wholesalemarine.com/p/S-D-325613-1/ I'm going to 5200 blocks of "wood" (pvc trim board actually) to the hull and then screw these into them.

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Sorry I didn't see your question until now deadstriper. I got the hatch on ebay for the ridiculously low price of $30. It was brand new and leftover from some OEM. Huron Angler also scored a nice one on ebay.

Status
Not open for further replies.