18' Starcraft SS Restoration

Huron Angler

Admiral
Re: SS for Fshngho

Dale I'd give him as much time as he needs if you are getting a nicer trailer:)

Congrats on the new garage...a warning...restos tend to keep it pretty cluttered anyhow so I wouldn't worry about organizing everything.:D

fshngho

Lieutenant

Oh, I'm not organizing everything, just need to keep boat stuff and tools needed for resto available;)

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

Oh, I'm not organizing everything, just need to keep boat stuff and tools needed for resto available;)

I have my garage neatly organized with all my tools, misc parts and general stuff..Actually 2 locations..

OVER & THERE!:D

fshngho

Lieutenant

If nothing else I'm dreaming of a resto by reading what everyone else is doing/done. Nope, no boat yet, he said hopefully next week:(
Being nice and patient can be a pain. I guess he dosen't realize how bad I want to get outside in 102 degree weather and work on the boat:rolleyes: Maybe I should put an AC in the garage.....:p

fshngho

Lieutenant

Well, it's been 4 weeks now. I am going to call today. Wish me luck.

Just called
@$#^#$% oh heck. Now I'm getting impatient.

barato

Petty Officer 1st Class

need me to run across to Juarez and hire you a couple of nice "persuasive" gentlemen to assist? i'm sure a severed head or 2 would help move seller along...:rolleyes:

"hell hath no fury like an aluminum junkie deprived of his Starcraft"

fshngho

Lieutenant

Look what I found.
SSSC001.jpg
[/IMG]

SSSC004.jpg
albu

Bwana Don

Lieutenant Commander

Nice, it looks like it was worth the wait. Congrats on the new addition to the family.

fshngho

Lieutenant

Having probs. Gonna have to be a few more...
SSSC002.jpg
[/IMG]

SSSC005.jpg
[/IMG]

fshngho

Lieutenant

And some more
SSSC006.jpg
[/IMG]
SSSC007.jpg
[/IMG]

fshngho

Lieutenant

Last two. Notice the tag says Offshore, is that a SS or V5? You can see I have a little work to do. Sure seems bigger than I thought:eek:
EZ, the green ghost finally appeared;)
SSSC003.jpg
[/IMG]
SSSC008.jpg
[/IMG]

Pugetsound

Lieutenant Commander

Really give the new adition a good cleaning and remove all the extras. Im sure you will have a very nice boat to work with . A suggestion on the top rail and the small bow. I used nautlux vinyl to cover mine. It hides and seals any unwanted holes and easy to install and looks very good.

barato

Petty Officer 1st Class

nice! but i have a feeling you gonna be "shopvac ho" this weekend....give em hell :)

Stratosman86

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Congrats, Dale now let the fun begin!

Good thing is you will have the fall and cooler weather to work on her, unless of course yoou hunt and then spring will be here before ya know it! :eek:

I will pm you next time I come home and maybe we can meet up somewhere!

Darren

fshngho

Lieutenant

Thanks Barato, Puget, & Don. Yea, I have the 2yr old grandson B-Day party here tomorrow. After that its CLEANING TIME:D I was surprised he left the motor on, at least untill I removed the cowl:eek: now I know why:redface: I think the trailer may be too small but I may modify it because its a tilt trailer and I like that. I'm kinda worried about the small tires though, anyone have any problems with those? It does lower the center of gravity which is good. Friday the 13th is berry berry guud to me:)

Pugetsound

Lieutenant Commander

What issues did you find with the motor.??? If it has compression and will go into forward and reverse gear it is fairly easy to get it running all a motoe needs is air -fuel and ign.to run if the compression is good.

Huron Angler

Admiral

I'm glad to see your new pride and joy parked at her new home:)

I love the avocado green...which probably puts me in the minority but I stand by it:D:D

Looks like an extra trailer jack or part of an outboard motor stand in the rig, among other "bonuses" for you.

I like the new rig and look forward to more photos:cool:

fshngho

Lieutenant

Darren thanks and please do let me know. No hunting for this guy. I used to a lot but fishing and hunting got too expensive. I figured I could fish all year on one license so thats what I do.

Puget, coils and such are missing and what wires are left been through the south end of a mouse:rolleyes: No controls either but I will check compression, you just never know:p

Mike it suprises me that I kinda like the color and its in pretty good shape. If I can get a shine out of it that would be one less step I would need to take climbing this mountain. I got lots-o-extras in the boat. I like the cinder block myself, just so many uses!!!:p

Come Sunday evening there will be more pics I hope. Been through a demo once but I look forward to this one.

Bwana Don

Lieutenant Commander

Dude, it's an "Offshore"!!! Brother, albeit outboard brother. Offshore brother none the less.:D

It's my understanding the offshore has a deeper V hull. Five chines too, or something like that. Based on a racing designed hull. I'm still unclear what the difference is between the SS and Offshore. I'm certain the Offshore is slightly more manly though.:p

What year is it, mine is a 1971. Dig that funky green avocado color. Mines been painted beige.:(

fshngho

Lieutenant

Don I agree, something about the luxury of a SS but the superiority of an offshore, and I didn't know it was one!!:eek: Not sure of the year, its not on the title, but around 70-73 I'm guessing. All I can say is I am excited to do this and can't wait to splash her. I'll admit getting there is half the fun (did I say that?)