16' Nescher ski boat complete restore- SPLASHED!!

archbuilder

Vice Admiral
Re: 16' Nescher ski boat complete restore

Thanks for the thoughts guys, I'm always looking for other ideas....thinking outside the box is what makes this such a great website!

jbjennings

Captain

I've been following your thread a little and admiring your craftsmanship on the trailer and boat. I just wanted to mention that I like the red for the top, and I'm glad that your'e keeping the motor original. The black merc is the sharpest speed boat outboard there is to me. :)
I think it's going to be a really sharp rig when you get finished, and I'm anxious to see it. I'm sure you've heard of nymarine.ca ----I've noticed he is starting to make the newer merc decals and may very well have yours. I've bought his stuff before and although he's pretty high, all of his stuff was really good quality. He's also a good guy to deal with and reliable.
Later,
JBJ

micks110

Master Chief Petty Officer

Arch- nice video! I think that cleat location on the front should be fine.

The gauges should still be readable from the drivers seat it looks. Unless you can get someone to make something nice for you it seems like you'd just be opening a can of worms. Otherwise you'd have to do alot of fabrication.

Keep up the great work!

osborn159

Petty Officer 1st Class

arch, again nice work, watched the recent video on your progress cleat positions look good forward mount as you suggested on the upper portion of the deck.
as far as you gage dilema, ie: not sure if you want them flat, i have seen in some of the high end tuner cars use the A pillar to mount gages they have a part your gages may fit in, not sure if they will turn for your desired position, not sure on tach and speedo, the smaller ones look about right should slide right in, check with your local parts store, just a thought,
again it all looks great, that will be one fine restored vessel.
D

archbuilder

Vice Admiral

Thanks guys, I did find some angled bezels for the gauges....just need to find some I can aford now....must be gold or something!

Friscoboater

Captain

I love those new gauges. Lookin good.

BobsGlasstream

Commander

Hey arch,
What was the original gage layout?
What if you curved your panel out on that side of the wheel. I know how much you like playing with glass. :p
Just a thought.
Bob

archbuilder

Vice Admiral

Just a spedo Bob. I notice that on the pic creativers posted of his boat. She did have a couple of other gauge holes (next to the "radio" opening that was cut with a chainsaw!), but I have no idea what the gauge were. At this point I like the angled bevels....just don't want to fork out the $$ for them. Remind me not to buy so many gauges next time!

BobsGlasstream

Commander

Hey arch,
I know you and you won't be happy until you get them all mounted in the correct spot.
If you have any extras just send them to me.:p:D
Bob

ddrieck

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Thanks guys, I did find some angled bezels for the gauges....just need to find some I can aford now....must be gold or something!

Hey Arch,
I may be able to help you out with the Angled Gauge Bezels. If you like the look of these send me a PM.

356011815_o.gif

archbuilder

Vice Admiral

thanks for the thoughts on the gauges guys and the info on bezels ddrieck but I just ran with some plastic ones from autometer I found. I figured that is a cheap starting point, and who knows I might like them. I'm just trying not to spend more on bezels than the gauges at this point! I'm off to help David K at his place out at Tenkiller tomorrow, then we are swinging by my place to do some spring chores at my place at Eufaula. Sounds like good timing, one of my neighbors called and my dock has an issue....:mad:....boats are a cake walk compared to docks! My parts should be here when I get back...and the weekend looks cold, good excuse to stay inside and work on the boat!

BobsGlasstream

Commander

Hey arch,
Don't stay gone to long. I need my fix...:p
I'll be home in three day's, Hooray :p:p:p
Bob

archbuilder

Vice Admiral

Glad too hear you will be home Bob! Hopefully you will get a little time on the boat! I can't wait to see more of your work!

BobsGlasstream

Commander

Hey arch,
I want to see some more of my work too. :p
Stay warm my friend.

archbuilder

Vice Admiral

Just got back from two days at Eufaula and Tenkiller. I helped David K with his house remodel and he helped me with spring chores at my place. We burned leaves today....still smell like smoke! The day was awesome...light breeze and high 60's, sunny sky....the lake was flat, can't wait to get Miss Morgan out on a day like that! While I was gone a bunch of parts showed up....now I have a stack, no excuses for not working on her this weekend! Especially since we are suppose to get SNOW! Sick of this! Only 10 weeks till summer and we are getting snow! Well here is a shot of my parts pile!

IMG_3132.jpg

tallcanadian

Captain

It's like Christmas at your house. Even a cool DSC alarm system. (it's what I do). I notice silly things like that.

archbuilder

Vice Admiral

Yep and Santa was good! I can't wait to get out to the shop this weekend!

BobsGlasstream

Commander

Hey Arch,
Looks like you will be busy. I love getting new toys to play with.
Weren't you going to paint this weekend?
I'm heading home tomorrow.
Bob

archbuilder

Vice Admiral

I have decided that I need to spend time drilling holes and figuring out where things go before I paint....so maybe another week or two....but I have learned a lot from the sealock book tonight....identified a couple of those unknow wires sticking out of Max! Hope you have great weather and we want pics of the boat!

BobsGlasstream

Commander

Will do arch,
I hope to get some serious work done. I just hope the wife doesn't have other plans.
Thanks my friend.
Bob