14ft Starcraft Falcon Restore

Triton II

Commander
Re: 14ft Starcraft Falcon Restore

Very cool... looks like you had a great time! Love the shot with your little girl smiling so sweetly in her colour co-ordinated "boating" teeshirt! :cool:

TII

tdrudd87

Petty Officer 1st Class

Congrats, enjoy it!

Terry

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Congrats on a good first run!

CBGale2

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Thanks guys, was so great to finally get it out on the water after all the work.

CBGale2

Lieutenant Junior Grade

STICK A FORK IN IT, IM DONE. Its kinda been finished for awhile, have been fishing it for weeks now. Needed to put the back seats in and was planning on building boxes for them to sit on. Found a pair of pedestals at a garage sale the other day and figured they would be alot easier than the whole boxes idea. So its a wrap.

IMG_3858.jpg

And now that its all done its time to sell it. LOL. Going to need the money to fix up this one that followed me home a few weeks ago. :D 1978 Holiday 18ft.

IMG_3761.jpg

IMG_3757.jpg

Huron Angler

Admiral

So you aren't going to see how the 14 footer does with that 70hp? :p

The Falcon looks great and I can't imagine you will have too much trouble finding a buyer. Just tell the new owner that he's required to check in on the site so we know she's in good hands:)

CBGale2

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Im planning on doing a full back ground check on any potential buyers. :D

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

That is a sweet little rig, bummer she is going to another! Ah, I hope you make a ton of money on her.

Well, at the rate you put that one back together you should have that 18 footer done by Labor Day I suppose:D

Rock on buddy!

larlarsa

Petty Officer 3rd Class

good looking boat,waiting for you next project,l think you don't have time fishing.:D

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

What a great job ya did CB....Enjoyed watching the rebirth of the Falcon..

Cant wait till ya get into my boats brother!

gtracer226

Recruit

well this is a little off topic but turns out I have that exact same boat. However for some reason the aluminum stringer down the middle is just missing? Does anyone know where I can find one? thanks

wtrbuster

Cadet

Hey don't be cuttin that hull out or the windshield, I just bought an 18 ft. closed bow, but has a walk-thru windshield, has a 30 gal fuel tank under the bow,has 2 steps that are between front passengers feet, the third step is the dash or bow, am planning on mounting pedistol in the middle of the bow, the guy I bought it from was wanting to cut the bow out, but where would I put the fuel tank?

adamcostoplus

Recruit

Well that took a little redneck engeneering to get that out. Good thing I have a degree in the subject. :D

IMG_3541.jpg

I'm about to repair the transom on my falcon as well and I want to be prepared. I know I will have to trim some aluminum off of the rail as it overhangs the wood. But, were there rivets all the way across the lower back of your transom?? From the picture is looks like there were some down the sides that were drilled out, and I can see what look like some rivet heads across the back but they dont seem to be drilled out? My boat seems to have what look like rivet heads across the back that run under the outter wooden transom bumper plate like yours, but I'm not sure they go into the wood. Any advice would be much appreciated.

CBGale2

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Everything on mine was bolted or screwed.

North Beach

Commander

I'm about to repair the transom on my falcon as well and I want to be prepared. I know I will have to trim some aluminum off of the rail as it overhangs the wood. But, were there rivets all the way across the lower back of your transom?? From the picture is looks like there were some down the sides that were drilled out, and I can see what look like some rivet heads across the back but they dont seem to be drilled out? My boat seems to have what look like rivet heads across the back that run under the outter wooden transom bumper plate like yours, but I'm not sure they go into the wood. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Adam, Go over to the starcraft forums and ask your questions or start a restore thread of your own here and you'll get lots of help. Most of the stuff you need to take out to get the transom out are screws or bolts. The tops of the gunwales have to be peeled back a little so the wood will slide out. And there are some large rivets that hold z channels that receive the bottom and sides of the wood that you shouldn't remove. The other SC guys will gladly guide you thru this process.

m casey stock

Chief Petty Officer

Well ordered my Gluvit and paint today. Going by the brochures its a 1968 to 71 and they show it in either the blue color or red. Im going with red. :cool: Oh and Im leaving the windshield alone, no chop choping.

Shhhoooooowwwww ;) I was worried there for a bit. I hate to see these oldies get chopped up. The 1952 Duracraft I'm restoring had some chopping done to the bow cover and I'm going to do my best to put all back correctly. Glad you decided to leave it original.