14' "TomBoy" restore

Trapper55

Cadet
Re: 14' "TomBoy" restore

The 15 HP is enough since I usually put the boat in close to where I want to go fishing at. I think a 25 to 35 HP would be better but I don't want to spend the money. The fish don't seem to care how fast I go.

dude11

Petty Officer 1st Class

I understand completely,what I was talking about was,did the 15hp.get you on plane well enough?I never liked removing my hat & glasses just to get there in a "Flash" like some of my buddies do;kinda a "lay-back-lenny" type fisherman myself.dude11

slogen

Seaman

I installed the new transom, stringers & flotation foam. Working on fitting deck pieces. Transom has been fiberglassed with CSM and sanded to get ready for paint.

STP60227.jpg
[/IMG]

STP60225.jpg
[/IMG]

STP60226.jpg
[/IMG]

STP60224.jpg
[/IMG]

good job so far but you mite have a problem with that foam thow it looks like u cut it up to level it off. if any water gets under there the foam will guzzel it up then your back to square one

Trapper55

Cadet

The 15HP moves it fast enough for me but I'm a laid back fisherman also. It comes up on a plane well enough so at least you are not trying to look through the bow sticking up in the air.

This boat survived 35 years + with 1/3 of the foam I used on it and with only a thin sheet of plywood and fiberglass for the deck. I think it will probably outlast me.