12volt not working

packerblitz

Recruit
I have a 12volt socket (cigarette lighter) that stopped working. It’s on a 2017 Sylvan 8520 Mirage CRS pontoon. The socket itself looks very clean inside, no corrosion.

I tried looking for a fuse panel on the boat and can’t find one. Does this boat have replaceable fuses somewhere?

I noticed below the switches for Master Power, Lights, etc. some small buttons saying ‘Press to Reset 25’. I’m guessing those are breakers? Should I press those with the battery connected or disconnected? I’m a newbie and worried about creating more problems :) Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• IMG_6556.jpg
    IMG_6556.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 5
  • Untitled-1.png
    Untitled-1.png
    545.4 KB · Views: 5

alldodge

Staff member
They are breakers and can be reset with Bat ON or OFF, doesn't matter

FIGMO

Petty Officer 1st Class
I have a 12volt socket (cigarette lighter) that stopped working. It’s on a 2017 Sylvan 8520 Mirage CRS pontoon. The socket itself looks very clean inside, no corrosion.

I tried looking for a fuse panel on the boat and can’t find one. Does this boat have replaceable fuses somewhere?

I noticed below the switches for Master Power, Lights, etc. some small buttons saying ‘Press to Reset 25’. I’m guessing those are breakers? Should I press those with the battery connected or disconnected? I’m a newbie and worried about creating more problems :) Thanks in advance!
If it is like my gang switch, there is an inline fuse. You might want to check for that.

mike_i

Master Chief Petty Officer
What did you have plugged in the socket when you realized you didn't have power? Are you able to trace the hot wire from the socket to the power source? Remember even if your able to reset a breaker or replace a fuse you need to known why the breaker tripped or fuse blow. And yes you can reset a breaker with the power on but it may immediately trip again if the short/problem is still there. Is everything else electrical working?

airshot

Rear Admiral
Use a volt meter and check for power at the back of the socket, if power is there, you have a bad socket, if no power at back of socket, keep going back until you find power....as mentioned, probably an inline fuse

packerblitz

Recruit
Thanks for the help everyone. It was an inline fuse. I replaced the fuse and it worked, no need to push reset buttons.

mike_i

Master Chief Petty Officer
Good thing you fixed it but remember, the fuse blew because of a problem as in a short or you plugged something into the socket that drew too much current..

Thanks for the help everyone. It was an inline fuse. I replaced the fuse and it worked, no need to push reset buttons.