115 Motor Bogging on throttle up

hjsmith00843

Cadet
After start up I have a hard time getting the boat to accelerate. It will just shut off. If I let it idle and slowly go up with the throttle it will eventually accel nicely.

Once I get it all cleared out it will let me stop and then take off with power.

If I let it idle for more than a minute or shut it off for a few minutes it does the same thing.

The fuel I am using does have the ethenol in it.

The carbs were just redone. I do have a new rebuild kit for the fuel pump not yet installed.

I have noticed some trash in the fuel filter so I will be cleaning it out and cleaning out the strainer on the pump.

hjsmith00843

Cadet
Re: 115 Motor Bogging on throttle up

Holy crap boys. I almost had a burned up boat. Went out to flush my motor with clean water to get rid of the river water from the motor and I decided to take a look around.

I smelled gas pretty strong. Started looking and found some partially burned hoses and some insulation burned off of a few wires near the bottom of the motor.

The supply line to the top carb was missing the zip tie holding it on to the inlet nipple. It appears it was seaping fuel down. Maybe this explains the terraible fuel milage.

The small cross over hose that goes to each side of the carb seems to be melted but not completly burnt thru. It could be collapsed.

Will a loose hose cause my problems with the orginal post.

Also what size line is the small fuel line that crosses over from one side of the carb to the other. I need to replace it before I head back out.