115 hp yamaha

dcpcccrc

Seaman
I have a yamaha outboard motor that everytime you take off it seems fine until after about thirty seconds. Once it heats up the sensors shut it down to 1200 rpm then once it cools down the sensor goes off. motor poors out white smoke while the sensor is on. All the oil pumps and sensors are working. This is something probably simple that is just slipping by me. We did a compression check all cylinders between 116 and 120. Also motor is discharging water fine so that isn't a problem. Cant seem to pinpoint this one and it stinks cause i have a nice boat sitting there. Thanks in advance for the help :confused:

Ray Neudecker

Lieutenant Commander
Re: 115 hp yamaha

Regardles of the pea stream the motor is getting hot. Need to start at the water pump and go forward until you find it. The poppit valve is always suspect when you have a stream and a heating engine.

dcpcccrc

Seaman

someone told me that any buzzer that isn't constant is for oil and a buzzer that is constant is for overheat. stupid question just making sure again that we arent missing a sensor and the motor is getting oil and is poppit valve a quick cheap fix something the average joe motor guy could fix or expensive parts and labor

Ray Neudecker

Lieutenant Commander

Fairly easy fix. disassemble, clean and reinstall. Only two bolts.