115 EFI Fuel Issue

treye3

Cadet
My 2002 Mercury 115 EFI four stroke will only idle if I detatch the tube on the pressure regulator on top of the injector rail. I have to prime the engine mannually then it idles until I either put the tube back on, advance throttle or turn ignition off. I suspect the High pressure fuel pump. I cleaned the inline filter of significant sludge, checked the primer pump, cleaned injectors, checked fuel pump fuses. The pump does not make any noise when I turn the key on, however it does rattle when I turn it off.

Would it be correct to believe if it will atleast idle the ECU is operating correctly>

This boat has been sparatic at best over the past two seasons.

treye3

Cadet
Re: 115 EFI Fuel Issue

I checked the high pressure pump manually and it works. I am leaning toward the ECU any help would be greatly appriciated.

treye3

Cadet
Re: 115 EFI Fuel Issue

I got no help from the forum but did fix the problem so here is the solution for what it is worth. The High Pressure Pump filter was clogged which explains the idle only condition with the pressure regulator detached. I cleaned the injectors for good measure and replaced all fuel lines while I was there. Engine runs great>