08 Gt185sf

extremez

Petty Officer 3rd Class
I'm going to be picking up a new 185SF tomorrow. I'll be financing 26,5?? for this boat. Does this seem a little high to anyone or about right?

It comes with a fishing package (trolling motor, fishfinder, etc...)and a bunch of XL gear, bimini top, Coast Guard package, tube, ski's, 3.0 merc and trailer. The monthly payment is in the comfortable range.

Any thoughts?

here's a couple pics of it after the marina uncovered it for us to see it. some stuff still had to be assembled and attached.

Attachments

• IMG_7017copy.jpg
    IMG_7017copy.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 0
  • 10-25-07 002.jpg
    10-25-07 002.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 0

Glast-Ron

Cadet
Re: 08 Gt185sf

It's pretty close to retail, maybe a couple hundred over but it's hard to tell when they throw in the tube, skis and dealer prep. It's hard to expect too much less than retail in April anyways I guess.

I got an '07 GT 185 (non SF) last October. Priced at $20.5 K on the site but swung it for $16.5 K. Dealer said it was cheaper to sell it near cost than to absorb the financing any more. You'll find alot of people on here mention that off season bargains can be pretty big.

It is painful though. I mean, to wait through a winter, knowing you have this new boat and can't use it for 5-6 months.:D

Pierutrus

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Not to bring any negativity to your boating experience.
I just hope that the 3.0 motor is enough for what you want to do with her.
If just cruising around with the family, then the prop that came with the boat should be fine. I'm assuming that it will have a 14 1/4 X 21" pitch prop on her.
But "if", you plan on doing some watersport activities.......Like skiing...Then invest in a 2nd prop. Like a good 17" pitch Stainless Steel. It will give you unbelievable hole shot. Just watch your WOT. It will put your RPM's way up in the high 5000 range and your 3.0 don't like those high rpm's.
Also think about getting some Smart Tabs for the boat.
Instead of a hydrofoil.
Wow, mine kinda looks like yours but is 12 years older.

Enjoy your new past time.

extremez

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Pierutrus,

I think I'll be allright w/ the 3.0. If anything I'll be the only one doing any skiing or tubing and that will probably be a rare event. Everyone else in the family is skiddish about being out in the middle of a lake and not being able to see their feet in the water. Like something is gonna grab them. lol.

I don't plan on going all out with the boat either. try to keep the speed in an economic range instead of WOT and wasting gas. The boats more or less just for fishing with an occasional cruise and sightseeing trip.

bigdaddydb

Recruit

I think that is very similar to my MX185 fs...I bought it like new 2 years ago for 12600...mine is pretty plain as far as coloring and such but I think its the same boat....btw we wakeboard tube and ski...its fine with the merc 4 cyl