05 Maxum 1800 SR3 Smart Tab Installation

maczilla23

Seaman Apprentice
I am going to be ordering some smart tabs next week and wanted to know of anybody that has an 05 maxum 1800 SR3 that has installed these. How did you install them and where. Any advice and help would be awesome with this. Drilling holes in my boat makes me nervous. Thanks so much!

Re: 05 Maxum 1800 SR3 Smart Tab Installation

Hi. They will come with full installation instructions - just make sure all holes are sealed! Did you check your transom to make sure they will fit? If you have space limitations go with the ST model as the actuator location is adjustable ( the SX is not adjustable).

maczilla23

Seaman Apprentice

I really dont know how to find out if they will fit. I read online a bit that this model of boat you have to put them in a bit different spot the recommended.

I really dont know how to find out if they will fit. I read online a bit that this model of boat you have to put them in a bit different spot the recommended.

You should call Nauticus customer service - they will advise you re best location, and which model to use. Ideally they should be as close to the outer edge (chine) as possible, and you'll need up to 101/2" above them for the actuator anchor. They lose some of their effectiveness if the location is closer to the centre line :(

Husker-Q

Seaman Apprentice

I have different boat - but I emailed photos of my boat transom from a couple angles and emailed to natuicus. Then a follow-up call with them ensured I got the right product/mounting info.