‘96 Evinrude 130 loose fuel line help

emoney

Commander
Not sure if you can see in the 2nd pic where this line goes I tried to get a pic. But, as you can see in the first pic I’ve got a small fuel line loose in the front of the carbs. I’ve got the manual and for the life of me can’t figure out where this should attach. PO before was troubleshooting and took lots of things apart.

For the record, it’s not a line from the fuel manifold because they are all attached to each of the 4 carbs as they should be. It looks like it goes to the bottom of the manifold. And also, I know it’s not a Primer Solenoid line because I just replaced that tonite as that’s what was causing the problem. She choked and started right up but wouldn’t idle. I didn’t want to press the issue until I know where this line goes. Help!

Attachments

• photo321543.jpg
    photo321543.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 0
  • photo321544.jpg
    photo321544.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 0

Joe Reeves

Supreme Mariner
Normally there's a hose that size that leads from the bottom main bearing area to a fitting that's part of the carburetor face plate arrangement.... and many boaters, even mechanics, miss it when re-installing that face plate.

emoney

Commander
Where does it attach? That makes sense because of where it starts

Grub54891

Vice Admiral
Possibly just a small hole or nipple in the bottom of the airbox.

emoney

Commander
Haha Grub you were dead on! I was just coming back inside to say “hey there’s a nipple on the air box that happens to be in the perfect spot”, lol. I just had her running and idling and peeing on the muffs. Thanks to both of you!!