question to joe reeves

toprosa

Cadet
hallo joe,<br />i have a question about my stator.<br />on measuring this part, this is whati found out.<br /><br />while cranking the engine<br />if i put the black lead of my volt meter to the ground and the red lead to the orange statorwire, reading is 2,7 volts<br />on the orange- black wire there is 4 volts<br />manual means there had to be zero volts<br /><br />next<br />if i measured between brown- yellow and ground there is 12 volts<br />between brown and ground there is 14 volt<br />between brown - black and ground there is 11 volts<br />between brown - white and ground there is 8 volts<br />manual means there should be no voltage.<br /><br />can you tell me if the stator is bad.<br />perhaps this is an another problem whitch kills me third powerpack.<br /><br />this is my last chance to find out the ignition problem, because i go to holyday (dont hope without boat)<br />best regards<br />andy from germany

toprosa

Cadet
Re: question to joe reeves

Originally posted by toprosa:<br /> hallo joe,<br />i have a question about my stator.( 175 Evi 1994 intruder<br />on measuring this part, this is whati found out.<br /><br />while cranking the engine<br />if i put the black lead of my volt meter to the ground and the red lead to the orange statorwire, reading is 2,7 volts<br />on the orange- black wire there is 4 volts<br />manual means there had to be zero volts<br /><br />next<br />if i measured between brown- yellow and ground there is 12 volts<br />between brown and ground there is 14 volt<br />between brown - black and ground there is 11 volts<br />between brown - white and ground there is 8 volts<br />manual means there should be no voltage.<br /><br />can you tell me if the stator is bad.<br />perhaps this is an another problem whitch kills me third powerpack.<br /><br />this is my last chance to find out the ignition problem, because i go to holyday (dont hope without boat)<br />best regards<br />andy from germany