Second place i posted this because it is also an electical problem

pschambs

Cadet
I put a battery on and it cranked. I stopped and cranked it again with no response what so ever (no clicking no nothing). It is a 50 force us marine motor w electic start. I dont know if i blew a fuse or what, does anyone know if this would be the problem orwhere the fuses are located. I found two little black boxes one on the wiring to the battery and one in the motor (breaker reset) i think if i open these thats where they may be. Has anyone had this problem? I dont know the year model guessing it is mid 80's. I think that a fuse blew but im not sure what to check. I pressed the two resets in the little black boxes and it doesnt seem to have done anything. The starter doesnt show to be getting electricity with the volt meter, but the rest of the motor does. It was running just fine. I turned the motor off, now i dont get anything. Its something to do with the electronics im sure. The battery and starter are good considering the starter cranked it the time before and the battery was out of my truck. thanks for any input. I just want some ideas like the neutral start switch or something. Im gonna work on it soon. <br />--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner
Re: Second place i posted this because it is also an electical problem

Have you checked the condition of the battery terminals (at the battery as well as on the engine). If you are using wing nuts, pitch them and replace with stainless nuts so you can get them tight. If you think there are fuses in the little black box, check them. With the key in the start position, see if you have voltage at the starter solenoid (small terminal). If not, check the main harness connection at the engine. If its clean, work back to the control box. Check the neutral start switch and key switch.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Second place i posted this because it is also an electical problem

What part of "Not Engine" did you miss, Pat? You have an engine electrics problem.