Lowrace Temp problems

Cyclic

Cadet
I have something very fishy going on with my new 275ProXL and the Lowrance X67C with remote temp.<br /><br />The temperature sensor is located on the transom about 10" to the right side of the motor and about 1/2" from Pad. The temperature reads fine when it's on the trailer but as soon as I put it in the water, it goes hard over to 118deg F.<br /><br />Here's what I have done so far.<br /><br />1) Placed ice on the sensor to see if the cold water was affecting it. Reads fine.<br /><br />2) resealed the sensor to the transom. still hardover when in the water.<br /><br />3) placed the sensor and about 10" of cable in a bucket of water. Reads fine but when I put it back on the boat and put it in the water, it goes hardover again.<br /><br />Any ideas on what could be happening?<br /><br />Thanks,<br /><br />Cyclic

MajBach

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Lowrace Temp problems

Maybe a warm lake?<br />This sounds like a trick question. Does is do it with or without the motor running?<br /><br />How did you put the sensor in a bucket of water with only 10" of cable? Or was it still using the wiring in the boat but you just had it unattached from the transom?<br />Parhaps try increasing the temp of the water in the bucket to see if there is a point that it cannot read above.<br /><br />When and if you figure this out, let us know.

Cyclic

Cadet

Thanks for the reply.<br /><br />I put the ice on it when it was out of the water. It read fine down to 37 degerees F.<br /><br />Does not matter weather the motor is running or not. As soon as it hits the water, it goes hardover.<br /><br />I unhooked the sensor from the transom and put as much of it's cable into a bucket of water as I could. It read fine at 54 degrees F.<br /><br />Cyclic

wajajaja

Chief Petty Officer

sound like a electrical interferance where the condit is lake water, the sonar from the fish finder would be my choice. if you can isolate that fuction in the unit, try removing the sonar head from the boat and dippin it in /out of the water. <br /> youve proven that the unit has water integrety. <br /> to prove the temp value the best is icy slush. 32 degrees.

Cyclic

Cadet

Thanks again for another good reply.<br /><br />Removing the depth transducer is not an option as it's a through hull version mounted on the inside of the hull.<br /><br />Thanks

cigarxtc

Seaman Apprentice

Well, it sounds like you've confirmed that yer x67c is working properly. I question that temp probe. I would contact Lowrance at 800-324-1356 to see if they can test that temp probe for ya.