The Scoop on Poop

brodie123

Petty Officer 1st Class
Hi All;

We just bought our first cabin cruiser and my big question is on, poop!

Are you able to flush down toilet paper or is this going to clog the manual pump?

Thanks;

smokeonthewater

Fleet Admiral
Re: The Scoop on Poop

use the same paper used in rv's... it dissolves into a slurry very quickly in water and then yes BUT nothing else goes in there... no paper towels, napkins, feminine products, hair from your wife's hair brush, etc... MAKE SURE ALL who come on board understand this... don't be bashful about explaining the difference from a household toilet

Slip Away

Lieutenant

use the same paper used in rv's... it dissolves into a slurry very quickly in water and then yes BUT nothing else goes in there... no paper towels, napkins, feminine products, hair from your wife's hair brush, etc... MAKE SURE ALL who come on board understand this... don't be bashful about explaining the difference from a household toilet

This !!

Natesms

Chief Petty Officer

Also make sure they put some water in the bowl so there is some water to start breaking down the TP. Also tell them to use minimal TP.

Buddies wife clogged mine earlier this year by using to much TP. Had to pull the lines between the toilet and tank. It was horrific.

JoLin

Vice Admiral

Also make sure they put some water in the bowl so there is some water to start breaking down the TP. Also tell them to use minimal TP.

Buddies wife clogged mine earlier this year by using to much TP. Had to pull the lines between the toilet and tank. It was horrific.

Yes, minimal TP. Clean twice, flush twice if necessary. Also, pump out your holding tank and treat it after every weekend. The waste hoses can eventually get permeated with the stink. Embarrassing when you flush and all your 'neighbors' know it. You'll have no recourse other than replacing them. I'm already steeling myself as I need to do it soon. If your vent hose has a filter changing it will help a lot.