How much Resin

dolluper

Captain
I'am almost ready to install the new transom and 2feet of flooring I was wondering how much resin I would need to do it,would you think a gallon would be enough or to much and how much would just the transom alone take <br />1 [resin,mat.ply,resin,mat,ply]??? <br />2 then filler,woven roving ????<br />3 final mat and resin ???<br />4 floor 2feet ply mat and resin ??<br />How much to mix for these steps would help me out alot as some of you guy's have gone through it <br />Thanks a bunch EH!!! :confused:

ondarvr

Supreme Mariner
Re: How much Resin

Just a couple of questions, what size is the boat (and motor) and is this epoxy or polyester resin?

dolluper

Captain

Transom 5 1/2 feet wide 20? inches high <br />floor 2 feet by 4 feet all that's cut out<br />15 1/2 foot Steury runabout 85 Johnson <br />Using poly resin floorpiece is going to be treated with wood perserative before installed with a couple of days to dry before resin applied<br />click transom repair link to see

ondarvr

Supreme Mariner

Sorry, I didn't even look at the link the first time.<br /><br />It will take a couple of gallons at least, most of the time it costs less to by a 5 gallon pail, then you will have a little left over incase you make a mistake, or if some gets hard before want it to.<br /><br />When using poly always put a layer of mat down first, it will bond much better than roving or cloth.<br /><br />Make sure the presevative is completely dry, even then it may interfere with the poly bonding (or anything) to the plywood.