Anyone have any experience with this companies product "SportsRig" Mica?

Expidia

Commander
This is not an ad for them. I was just sent a link from my daughter as her utility trailer that she uses for her canoe does not have any shocks. its also somewhat of a homade design and pieces tend to break as the supports are more of gas pipe stock rather than hardened steel. So she's looking at upgrading to a trailer like this one:
SportsRig Micro Trailers for kayaks and bicycles - lightweight eco-friendly for fuel efficiency

Any input appreciated. my first concern was their use of motorcycle tires on a boat trailer! And $1800 is steep imo even though it a specialty type trailer

Expidia

Commander
Re: Anyone have any experience with this companies product "SportsRig" Mica?

Thx for that quick reply. Im going to have a local welder look at her current trailer. Maybe he can install leaf springs. If its to pricey we can go 1/4 mile down the road and pick up that one for $449 then dump her on craigs list.

Expidia

Commander

Expidia

Commander

Thx dingbat. My son and i were thinking of splitting one for ourselves as we both have hitches on our vehicles.
He's going down to our local tractor supply store to check it out.

Update: we checked out hose tractor supply store trailers. They were crap for the $700 they wanted. They had 20 of them in a row and because they arrive stacked on top of each other by truck they were all already rusting. Real chinese crapola. We went to lowes and they had the same brand! All rusted too. My son found a sweet 5 x 9 trailer in the want ad digest. All galvanized and locally made. 10 years old but looked new. Asking 925 but he sold it to us for 800. Will be nice to use to tote campimg stuff when going on vacation. Have to keep it hidden away from friends and family. While we were at the dept of motor vehicles getting it registered he got a call from his neighbor that said "I see you have a new toy in your driveway". Its starting already. I told my son if anyone asks to borrow it, we drive, they have helpers to load it and they pay $50 into the utility trailer kitty :)

Last edited:

oldjeep

Admiral

It is a canoe - any reason you don't just put it on the roof?

Expidia

Commander

It is a canoe - any reason you don't just put it on the roof?
Ya, my its my daughters canoe and shenis about 5' 2"!
Her suv is a subaru outback which is pretty high.
Roof racking tends to eventually cause scratches or damage to your vehicle like when someone is helping you and they slip and smack the car.
She sometimes goes by herself and those one man trailer pole mounting systems are a pain too.
You also have to take everything out of the canoe tomturn it upside down. A trailer is so much easier.