5 degrees above freezing....

ricohman

Lieutenant Commander
I know winter will be here soon as its getting colder. Two days ago it was +5 in the morning.
Add 70kmh wind and rain to that and it makes for no boating. I have been on holidays for a week now and I would like to get my boat wet for the first time this year.
Supposed to be windy and cold for another week. The local snow dump isn't even close to being melted yet. I don't think it will melt away before the first snow.
C'mon heat!

crabby captain john

Lieutenant Commander
Re: 5 degrees above freezing....

WoW!!! I lived in NE Ohio, near Lake Erie. Thought is was cold there, nothing compared to where you are. Then I moved-- No more snow! Boat/fish all year-- why did I live up there at all?

oldjeep

Admiral

5C? I guess that is a little colder than yesterday morning when we went skiing, it was 49F. It just makes the water feel that much warmer.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

We had 44-46F for lows around here.

I see they had 46F for a high where I fish up in Canada.

Just too dang early to think this way.

hivoltg

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Its 105F here and the lake water is 89F. Almost winter :D

agallant80

Commander

Wow! The snow from last winter is not melted yet and this winter is on its way. It bust be bueatfull up there though.

crabby captain john

Lieutenant Commander

It was 82 at 10am due to rain last night and the ocean is 83.2. No need to winterize the boat here-- fish all year.

jkust

Rear Admiral

It made the upper 30's here in MN last week. A bit cold for mid-July.

ricohman

Lieutenant Commander

4 degrees this morning. It is getting close to frost. At least the nothing in the boat can freeze since it hasn't been in the water yet.
I predict snow in early September.
Al Gore, you may have invented the internet but you are wrong about this warming thing!

RogersJetboat454

Commander

Egads!!! :eek:

Yeah, it cooled down here too...
To the high 70's- Low 80's... :cool:;)

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member

was 99 yesterday towing the boat back from Captiva. I think the water temp was in the mid 80's

r.j.dawg

Ensign

I know winter will be here soon as its getting colder. Two days ago it was +5 in the morning.
Add 70kmh wind and rain to that and it makes for no boating. I have been on holidays for a week now and I would like to get my boat wet for the first time this year.
Supposed to be windy and cold for another week. The local snow dump isn't even close to being melted yet. I don't think it will melt away before the first snow.
C'mon heat!

I believe ya. I spent a year at a radar station in Dana in the late 70's. Coldest year of my life.