2008 Optimax 115 HP loses power on full left turns

Bpitlyk

Recruit
Need some help on this one. I have an 2008 Optimax 115 on a 24 ft pontoon. When at full throttle and making a hard left turn the engine loses power ( and RPM's). The only way to regain the power is to reduce throttle to near idle then I can resume power and RPM's. I recently had the fuel line replaced from tank to engine and two coils. What else should I look for to solve this annoying problem.

mariner20

Cadet
Re: 2008 Optimax 115 HP loses power on full left turns

Sounds like a fuel line is getting pinched check the line by the motor turn all they way left and right see if any thing is squeezing it

Garfishingguide

Recruit

I am having the same problem. It's not fuel line or bulb nor wiring harness. It seems like the engine is starving for fuel. Any ideas?

Fun Times

Staff member

I am having the same problem. It's not fuel line or bulb nor wiring harness. It seems like the engine is starving for fuel. Any ideas?
Hi there Garfishingguide, welcome to iboats!.:)

As this thread is almost a year old, you would be much better off creating a new thread of your own vs tagging onto the end of someone else's.

In your new thread, please provide as much detail as you could about your engine model and what you have tried thus far to correct the problem.

Thanks, and good luck.
iboats moderator team