Transom

fishnpick

Cadet
Got the boat in the shop. Here where I live we have no real winter........just a wet mushy season. The transom on the boat is weak and needs replacement. This will be my first time to do this and I have not the knowledge to proceede. Can someone give me a general ouline of what has to be done and I will ask the rest of the questions as I get it done? Get me started. Tell me how to go about removing the old stuff. Give me tips. Point me to some discussion that would help me. Thanks,,,,fishnpick is ready to do this project.........

Laddies

Banned
Re: Transom

West System has a vert good book or flyer on transom repair

prockvoan

Chief Petty Officer

You can do a search on the subject.Its been a 1000 times on this forum.What type of boat?Make and year?Do you have the motor off,control cables removed,wiring?First things first.All must be removed.Pic's?

Chris1956

Supreme Mariner

Fishinpick, I would visit the local library. It is likely they have many books on the subject. A book will have pictures and more complete info then may be found by asking questions to this forum. <br /><br />Transom replacement is (in my mind) critical, since if it fails, you sink instantly and the motor is lost.