NHL hockey...maple leafs!!

nwcove

Admiral
im not a leafs fan.....but i just got the news!! leafs are undefeated so far this season!!!! :p

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: NHL hockey...maple leafs!!

im not a leafs fan.....but i just got the news!! leafs are undefeated so far this season!!!! :p

True, but they're tied for first place with the Bruins, Senators, Sabres and Canadiens. Must be a tough division this year.

r.j.dawg

Ensign

Maple who???? Go Wings. :facepalm:
go-red-wings.gif

LippCJ7

Vice Admiral

What sad days these are.....

Love the Glass half full ideology though!!

aspeck

Staff member

My Penguins are in last place! Here is looking forward to a better second half of the season ... Maybe we can even score a goal or 2!:mad:

Tim Frank

Vice Admiral

What sad days these are.....

Right.....you are a major hockey fan, too.

I doubt this lockout is registering that high on the radar screens down there, but the best line I have heard to describe this stupidity is from one of our sportswriters up here.
He said (not exact, but close) : " The true measure of how foolish, unnecessary, and counterproductive this all is, is that they are squabbling over how to divide the HRR pie. (Hockey-related revenue). Holy crap! If you gave two six year olds a Popsicle on a 90 degree day, THEY'D be smart enough to figure out how to divide it two ways....before it melted."

Love that!

rbh

Fleet Admiral

This lockout just makes the revenue for those junior teams just that much better.

nwcove

Admiral

im surprised that they dont put more chl games on tv, but i guess they dont want to peeve big brother. have been listening to qmjhl on the radio tho.....its great entertainment! i can tinker with my old motors, listen to the game, and not have to stare at the tv!

( halifax mooseheads are ranked #1 in the chl....currently have the #1 and #2 nhl draft picks for skaters, and the #1 pick in net.....thats if there is a draft!)

Tim Frank

Vice Admiral

im surprised that they dont put more chl games on tv, but i guess they dont want to peeve big brother. have been listening to qmjhl on the radio tho.....its great entertainment! i can tinker with my old motors, listen to the game, and not have to stare at the tv!

( halifax mooseheads are ranked #1 in the chl....currently have the #1 and #2 nhl draft picks for skaters, and the #1 pick in net.....thats if there is a draft!)

You mean....that's if there's an NHL....:facepalm:

aspeck

Staff member

Did I hear right? After today the sides are under 40 mil a year a part for the next 5 years? That should be chump change for either side ... Must be down to " principle"? Come on, guys, we want our hockey, and we wanted our winter classic!

Tim Frank

Vice Admiral

Art,
That's not what I hear at all...but all I have as a source is the local sports Talk Radio channel.
We have 3 former NHL players as hosts on various shows during the day and they are not optimistic at all!

You may be better connected to inside poop.

nwcove

Admiral

just heard that talks have ended for the day......no progress. :facepalm:

LippCJ7

Vice Admiral

Well after being a season ticket holder for ten years we have decided enough is enough.

Pretty sad, but I got to see Ray Borque raise the Cup in person....

r.j.dawg

Ensign

Did I hear right? After today the sides are under 40 mil a year a part for the next 5 years? That should be chump change for either side ... Must be down to " principle"? Come on, guys, we want our hockey, and we wanted our winter classic!

Sorry Art. The winter classic was cancelled. You may mean the All Star Game which is next on the chopping block. This Friday I think.

Well after being a season ticket holder for ten years we have decided enough is enough.

Pretty sad, but I got to see Ray Borque raise the Cup in person....

Season tickets?? :eek: Holy smoke Lipp you must either get some good prices or you are a rich. My wife (the resident Maple Dud's fan) wanted season tickets a couple of years ago. So I did some checking as I have a bud that works at the ACC in Toronto.

The Leafs don't keep a season ticket waiting list beyond what the 2000 names or so that are on the list now because simply put; the list wasn't moving. The team operates at a 99% renewal rate with only 24 tickets not being renewed in 2010 (Don't know about the last two years).

The cost of the tickets obviously ranges. From my brief viewpoint it ranges from $8000 for nosebleeds to upwards of $20000 for Platinums. The problem isn't just the tickets though. While you can buy a pair through a third party, to buy them directly from MLSE you must own a Personal Seat License or PSL.

Essentially these give the owner of the PSL the right to first refusal for every event at the Air Canada Centre. There are three types:

- Raptors Only (Doesn't Affect you)
- Raptors and Leafs -- These go for approximately $50,000 depending on the section. You MUST buy BOTH Leafs and Raptors tickets or neither. You must also purchase these from a third party.
- Leafs Only -- These exist but are VERY rare. The only people that have these are people who were season ticket holders at Maple Leaf Gardens. You don't need to buy Raptors tickets with this as well, so it becomes especially valuable. They go for upwards of $70,000, once again depending on where you sit.

Freeking Nuts. :facepalm:

Tim Frank

Vice Admiral

^^^^
Expensive yes, but at least their season ticket holders don't have to worry about the extra burden of inflated prices for playoff tickets.... :eek::D

LippCJ7

Vice Admiral

Season tickets?? :eek: Holy smoke Lipp you must either get some good prices or you are a rich. My wife (the resident Maple Dud's fan) wanted season tickets a couple of years ago. So I did some checking as I have a bud that works at the ACC in Toronto.

The Leafs don't keep a season ticket waiting list beyond what the 2000 names or so that are on the list now because simply put; the list wasn't moving. The team operates at a 99% renewal rate with only 24 tickets not being renewed in 2010 (Don't know about the last two years).
:

They were one of those things used for business, but with perks, once the business went under justifying the costs was going to be difficult, more so when they decide to act like children and do this, doesn't matter which side you are on all you have to do is look at Hostess and see what the worst case scenario is, but obviously even that reality cannot talk sense into either side, what a shame.

I used to be pretty well off but now LOL not a chance, the house went back to the bank but since I am an empty nester it was little concern, I am on my way to another career doing something I love, when I accomplish the goal you will all know but I have to tell you being out from under the burden of a mortgage made me feel some pretty weird things, like maybe living out of a motorhome for a couple years and see the country or maybe go ahead and take that month long vacation I never had time to do before. Watching my mom and dad lose their home and go through bankruptcy was humbling, but I think its for the better, only time will tell though.

I just don't have time for these spoiled brats anymore...