1984 bayliner 2750 contessa battery charger

stivanson

Recruit
im wanting to change out my old battery charger it is a consta-amp6 i think it is original it says its automatic but im burning up my batterys so need to know what charger is reliable it needs to charge 1 start batt@2 house deep cycle optima i think thats what im going to buy any advice will be heard the old charger is in the headboard in the bedroom so 110v is already set need to go aprx8 ft to get to the batterys i dont think the old charger has a inverter built in i dont think i need an inverter i have a genset 6.5 onan any help will be great thanks ( LJ)
little john.

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner
Re: 1984 bayliner 2750 contessa battery charger

Any of the current name-brand three output chargers in the 10 amp or larger range should be fine. I prefer Guest but that's just my experience and opinion.

seabob4

Lieutenant Commander
Re: 1984 bayliner 2750 contessa battery charger

This girl right here...

ProSport20Plus.jpg

3-bank, when one batt is "full", distributes the remaining amps to the other banks, and you can put it in a bucket of water and she'll perform like a champ...unlike Guest...

And Guest doesn't re-distribute it's output. It just sit's there and does nothing...unless they changed to meet ProMariners assets...;)

Sorry, ProMariner 20 Sport +.