Looking for User/Owner Manual for 1993 Sunbird Corsair 170 SS

GTE

Cadet
Hello everyone...I am a new boater and just bought my first used boat two weeks ago, a 1993 Sunbird Corsair 170 SS. I was looking for a user/owner manual for this particular boat. Please help me find a copy of user/owner manual for 1993 Sunbird Corsair 170 SS and I would like to know what are those buttons on the lever/handle for moving forward and reverse really do? there were three buttons I see on the lever/handle.

IMG_0790.jpg

Last edited:

MH Hawker

Vice Admiral
Re: Looking for User/Owner Manual for 1993 Sunbird Corsair 170 SS

Its unlikely you will find one, may be E bay, and most of them are very vague and more of a sales pamphlet. How ever you do need to pick up one for the motor and those can be readily found.

GTE

Cadet

Its unlikely you will find one, may be E bay, and most of them are very vague and more of a sales pamphlet. How ever you do need to pick up one for the motor and those can be readily found.

Hi, thanks for quick response. I really appreciate it. I just want to know the other buttons functionality in the lever/handle and the dashboard of the boat. Maybe, I could find it in other books for boat. Thanks.

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Flip the switches and see what happens. Could be lights, could be pumps, hard to say.
On the handle (assuming you mean throttle/shifter) the buttons are probably trim/tilt and maybe a kill switch.
In your case, a picture is worth a thousand words. Post a picture of what you are looking at so we know.

How to Post Pictures

MikeA_FL

Recruit

Hi, thanks for quick response. I really appreciate it. I just want to know the other buttons functionality in the lever/handle and the dashboard of the boat. Maybe, I could find it in other books for boat. Thanks.

I have a 93 Sunbird Corsair 170 SS. I'm actually trying to sell it now - not because I don't like it. It's a fun little boat. Just trying to keep the fleet to a manageable size. I'm sure you'll have a blast with it.

Anyway, don't know which dash buttons you're referring to. They should be labeled, not much there. Just bilge pump, lights, etc. The up/down button on the end of the throttle handle is for trim - watch your trim gauge on the dash. Mine's best when it's pretty much centered. The push button at the pivot point of the handle is your neutral switch. Hold it in as you open the throttle and it will keep your prop from spinning. Hope that helps. Have fun!

GTE

Cadet

Hi Mike, I am still not clear on the push button at the pivot point of the handle. Before I start the outboard motor, I make sure that the lever is in the middle and the white thing in the middle is pop out. When the engine is running I can still move the lever forward either the white thing in the middle is push out or push in. Is this normal? What this white round thing really do? also the red button under the top of the lever/handle, what this red button do? Please see my first thread for the lever image. Thanks.

GTE

Cadet

Hi Don, thanks for your advise for me to post an image. Please see the image on my first thread.