Too Friggen HOT!!!

palace

Petty Officer 2nd Class
How hot are your lakes? Lakes here in the Phoenix area about 83 friggen degrees!! To hot to really cool off. Someone needs to ship an Iceberg here.

royal0014

Master Chief Petty Officer
Re: To Friggen HOT!!!

You complain about 83??! Hell man, that's our overnight temp this time of year!
:rolleyes:

<<)))(((>>

EDIT Oh, you meant water temp......my bad.

Last edited:

tx1961whaler

Vice Admiral

Water temp 86-91 here @ Ray Roberts and Joe Pool Lake

QC

Supreme Mariner

Heck the "ocean" breaks 90 in the Gulf every year. Havasu gets to about 86 I think.

oldjeep

Admiral

According to the local fishing site, Lake Minnetonka is back down in the 70's. Did hit 80's a few weeks ago.

marcoalza

Chief Petty Officer

Our waters were 93f today, like having a friggen bath!

the vision

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Too Friggen HOT!!!

Last time I was out July 22 river and lake was 86 degrees.

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Yup, Lake Champlain is hot too 74 DEGREES !!!

angus63

Captain

Ocean temps inside of 3 miles at 78 deg. Bay temps 80-82. Fish are pre-cooked!!!

jigngrub

Fleet Admiral

Lake Neely Henry was 91*F last week, fish were not very active to say the least.

Jlawsen

AIr temp is a mild 91 and last weekend Lake Sonoma Surface temp was about 75 degrees. My pool is about 90 degrees right now but I've had the heater on all week. Nothing like a 1/4 Olympic size hot tub.

kfa4303

Banned

It's always hot here in FL, but most of the freshwater i go on is spring fed and 72 degrees year round no matter what. We've been getting hammered with, rain, rain, rain and more rain rather than heat this year. I mean we're used to our daily t-storm, but today was the first non-rainy day in weeks. Not only has it been raining, it's been pouring 3"-5" in the space of 45 min-1 hr. Maybe, just maybe it will stop long enough for me to take the boat out tomorrow. I wiped off all of the mold on the boat today just in case. Fingers crossed........

Jlawsen

Dang, thanks for this thread, you just saved my bacon. I went and took a look at the pool and YIKES... The dreaded black algae. Very minor so I hit it with the brush, then black algae remover, phosphate remover and a double dose of chlorine. We won't be swimming tomorrow. Shoot, looks like I'll have to go to the lake now. Poor me... If the black algae takes hold its plaster time and thats a 20,000.00 bill.. So again, thanks!

QC

Supreme Mariner

Head on up to Willow Beach (below Hoover Dam) where it's 58 degrees, that'll cool you off :D
LOL :D

On a serious note, that place is a major hypothermia risk. And I think especially in summer. I have had young kids jump in before I had a chance to stop them. Middle of summer, 100+ air, and they popped of their PFDs and jumped in. Very bad!!! Had one giving up inside 2 minutes as I maneuvered to pick her up. She was panicking, and I was honestly scared. Not good!!

r.j.dawg

Ensign

Our water off one of the beaches today was at 78 according to my Lowrance. Bathtub temps. But then again we had a crappy rainy day with air temps at 68 so the water was fine. :rolleyes:

fishrdan

Admiral

On a serious note, that place is a major hypothermia risk.

I'm with you on that. 58* is actually warm for Willow as it's usually 52-53* all year long, when Lake Mead is higher. I've hopped in at the ramp to monkey with the boat and my legs were numb in a couple minutes. The kids have waded out and I told them they were crazy, I got 12" north of the knees and that was as far as I was going in....

Jlawsen

Don't it always happen this way, the aunt and uncle from over in Grass Valley just called, they're on their way and wonder how the pool is. O.K. so now it Chlorine neutralizer and pumps on full bore for a couple of hours... Oye Vey!

coastalrichard

Lieutenant

This past Sunday...St. George Sound...92*(water temp)...heat index 102*...even the breeze was HOT! It's final...I'm eliminating August (too hot) and February (too cold) from my boating schedule:confused: