215CC New Owner Questions

Jay 215CC

Cadet
Hi everyone,

I just bought a 2007 215CC and I have a few questions and I'm hoping you can help me.

#1 The ski locker does not seem to drain thru to the back of the boat. Does anyone else have this problem? I'm thinking about drilling a hole thru the back wall, but that's a little scary and a pain in the butt to reach.

#2 In the rear of the boat under the middle seat there is an open area with two drain holes. Is the water in that area supposed to be sucked out by the bilge pump? The hoses attached to those drains run uphill, so I don't know how else it could drain.

Overall, I'm very happy with the boat so far. I live on a freshwater lake in Texas and I'm looking forward to doing lots of fishing, tubing, skiing and enjoying time on the water.

Thanks for any input you can give me.

rcxdm40

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: 215CC New Owner Questions

I have an 06 204WT my ski locker has a drain hole in the rear of the box. Can't help you on the hoses on rear compartment. My bilge is at the rear behind and below motor, only hose is to the discharge.

will2kz

Seaman Apprentice

I have an 06 204WT my ski locker has a drain hole in the rear of the box. Can't help you on the hoses on rear compartment. My bilge is at the rear behind and below motor, only hose is to the discharge.

I have an 07 216 I suspect they are similar. The floor locker has a "fish mouthed" drain hole at the back, the water goes down to eventually reach the bilge area. I do not think it goes to the tube that is drained by removing the drain plug. The area behind the rear seat (supposed to keep a cooler there) has a small grate in the back corner. Mine has a short piece of tube that simply dumps into the engine compartment, also to be presumably drained by the bilge. I find this area doesn't drain all that well sometimes, I will use a towel to "coral" the water against the drain so it does slosh around the floor.
So my take on drains is as follows.
The livewell has its own drain, no plug, at back of boat near intake for livewell.
The front seats appear to drain into hoses, I suspect leading to the rear "plug drain."
The sink has its own drain. The other compartment (not sure you have these) next to sink also has a hose that I suspect goes to rear plug drain.
All else appears to go to bilge.... I hate where the bilge is, I would like one I can reach, fix and clean from time to time. I'd like to have a second one as I do get rain on the boat frequently when at the lake as I am holding off on a lift/cover waiting to get a boat house restored to keep her in.... She has tolerated many torrential rains without a problem so far....

whmoore18

Seaman

Hey welcome and congrads on the new boat I have a new 215cc as well. Now my wake board locker is open all the way back under my center console through to the rear of the boat. Of course its cause there is a runner that goes over the stringers so water doesn't get trapped. The empty hole is for the 32quart marine cooler that comes with the boat. Those two drain holes on mine have 90 degree fittings on it that flow the water around the fuel tank and electric sending unit into the bilge. They don't go uphill though mine drain off to the side at 45 degree angles. Check to make sure stuff doesn't clog those fittings from time to time mine get stuff in there and they get clogged and won't drain rapidly enough. You'll enjoy the boat though, I've taken ours 13 miles offshore to some reefs and wrecks for fishing and sharking. We are preparing to outfit the boat for tuna fishing 30-40miles out. Basically maybe another fuel tank to give us 20 extra gallons or something gunnel mount outriggers, and trim tabs to keep our nose down in heavier swell. She'll treat you right if you treat her right though 3-4 seas it will handle but maybe not so pretty. We got caught in 5ft last week and it got messy but she got us home safe with no water over the nose.

Jay 215CC

Cadet

My ski locker does have a semi-circular drain in it. I keep the boat on a dock lift and apparently it does not hold the front of the boat up high enough to get the water to drain to the back.

I think those drains in the back next to the opening (where the cooler is supposed to go) must be blocked.
They don't seem to empty that area when the bilge is on.

Anyway, I'm really happy with the boat so far. I'm amazed at how the 150 Merc Optimax sips the gas. We've been out tubing twice and just riding around on several other days and the gauge still reads over half full. Also, the center console is great for driving visibility and comfort. My back really appreciates sitting up high.

whmoore18

Seaman

She is a fuel sipper thats for sure.....We been now 20 miles offshore of Ocean City, MD flat flat day and my goodness was it pretty out flat calm glassy day and deep deep blue water like you wouldn't believe we saw whales, sea turtles, sharks and some false albacore.....Went seabass and flounder fishing tried to entice a mako to bite but he wanted bluefish I think