Is this normal? Johnson Seahorse 15r76a

briguybluefin

Recruit
Morning gang,

Hope this thread generates some knowledge for me as I just purchased a Upon used 2cycle, 15hp motor for the kid fishing boat. Upon purchase, the prop was clean but when the guy delivered it, the prop had been spinning on the trailer due to the air flow on the exway. I noticed that there was some clean looking oil dripping off of the prop, he said he never noticed it before. I cleaned it up thinking it was excess from not burning. Took the boat out this weekend to St. Clair and if you take a look at the pictures, you will see that it's a milky white, as if a thick gear oil. I drained the lower unit and it seems just fine, nice and black, no metal shavings that I can see on the back of the screw.

My question is this, is it normal to have so much oil not burning? I get the fact that it would turn white in water but this seems to be allot, not to mention it was much worse than in the picture before traveling home in 100* weather.

Thank you in advance gang,

Briguybluefinmain prop pic.jpgseal around prop.jpglower gear oil after draining.jpg

Xcusme

Commander
Re: Is this normal? Johnson Seahorse 15r76a

Welcome to iboats!

Completely normal......since you've checked the lower unit...and it looks normal -No Water