2001 bayliner bowrider Capri 2150 prop size?

Dangle61

Recruit
I recently purchased a 2001 bayliner Capri 2150 with a 5.0L mercruiser and alpha one combo. I've taken it out twice and it runs great! I just did an oil change and I am tuning it up this evening before the weekend however I'm thinking the 14.5 X 19P prop that is on it could be limiting performance. I will mostly be using my boat in a river setting and I'm looking for just a bit more speed. Loaded with 7 people it pulls 38mph at 5000rpm. Thoughts? (I know the passenger load is a burden and is limiting speed.)

Bondo

Staff member
Re: 2001 bayliner bowrider Capri 2150 prop size?

I recently purchased a 2001 bayliner Capri 2150 with a 5.0L mercruiser and alpha one combo. I've taken it out twice and it runs great! I just did an oil change and I am tuning it up this evening before the weekend however I'm thinking the 14.5 X 19P prop that is on it could be limiting performance. I will mostly be using my boat in a river setting and I'm looking for just a bit more speed. Loaded with 7 people it pulls 38mph at 5000rpm. Thoughts? (I know the passenger load is a burden and is limiting speed.)

Ayuh,... Welcome Aboard,... Ya really gotta provide This info to get any meaningful answers...

Dangle61

Recruit
Re: 2001 bayliner bowrider Capri 2150 prop size?

Thank you. I Am a first time boat owner so I'm trying to play catch up here. At WOT i believe I'm at 5-5200 rpm on my dash tach. I can't remember exactly which. I have a 14 1/2 X 19 aluminum prop on there currently and the load I've run with is 6 adults. My max mph on the GPS is 38 at WOT. I am not having any real engine issues I just want to ensure that it's operating at max reliability. I took it out last weekend both days and it planes nicely and runs well. Just trying to get advice. In case I didn't mention it earlier it's a 21ft craft with a 5.0L mercruiser alpha one 220hp.