Guess I'm" RETIRED"

Autotech

Petty Officer 1st Class
In April: I asked a question about retirement and got a lot of responses so finally decided to jump ship. June 2 got my first retirement check from the state of Ms. retirement system. Already been on (2) job interviews and I really don't want another job right now. Glad neither called me back for a 2nd interview. Got 6 Jet ski's and 2 boats sitting at the lake that need repair. And I keep telling everybody Hey; I'M retired ,that makes me exempt. I don't have to work. Nobody listens to me. Think I'll go to Key West for a vacation. Anybody know a good place to stay down there. Never been and always wanted to go.

rbh

Fleet Admiral
Re: Guess I'm" RETIRED"

HI Bobby-
Congratulations on your retirement!!!

(you need to come see BC, and I got 85% of my stuff fixed already "HINT" BAAHAHAHA )

Autotech

Petty Officer 1st Class

Told ya I',m exempt.... Bet that other 15% is gonna be a real dog..and Thanks.

key west has a lot of nice places most are real small and once you get the bill you will re-think retirement other than that its like great. phone around but dont book till you have to as hurricane season is here. also pack lots of sun screen as its starting to get a little warmer now. if you have never seen it you wont be disapointed just the drive down is a vacation the first time.

12vMan

Lieutenant Commander

Think I'll go to Key West for a vacation. Anybody know a good place to stay down there. Never been and always wanted to go.

You're retired! Just hop on the A1A and 'drop anchor' when you feel like it! :cool:

aspeck

Staff member

You need to come north instead of south ... My 76 Trans Am needs a little tlc and I haven't had time, the boat needs a good buffing, I have a few projects that I need to get to on the Denali, I need to redo the yard (bring in dirt, level, clean, and seed), then there is the painting the wife wants done, a new mailbox to install, and a few other chores from the wife. Room and board is on the house! After all, you don't have anything better to do, your retired, right? ;)

Fireman431

Rear Admiral

Key West? Southernmost Hotel, Avalon hotel, Curry Mansion, 2,000 bed & breakfasts...

Autotech

Petty Officer 1st Class

Come on AP: Told ya I',m exempt.... I need a vacation first....Thanks Fireman and Glenn will have the wife do some calling first...

JoLin

Vice Admiral

will have the wife do some calling first...

If you can be retired and still have the wife do the grunt work, you sir are my idol. I just put a load of laundry in the washer. Doing food shopping this morning... :facepalm:

Thalasso

Commander

If you can be retired and still have the wife do the grunt work, you sir are my idol. I just put a load of laundry in the washer. Doing food shopping this morning... :facepalm:

You must be single like me.

aspeck

Staff member

But Bobby, you can come north, enjoy the rain, and have FREE room and board. Did I mention the room and board is FREE?? A great retirement price, just a few chores that need done ... :p

Thalasso

Commander

But Bobby, you can come north, enjoy the rain, and have FREE room and board. Did I mention the room and board is FREE?? A great retirement price, just a few chores that need done ... :p

You didn't mention to him that you would take him to Raystown for stripper fishing.That might have induced him to come. The rain is caused by the stupid arts festival in PGH. It happens every year. When it's over the weather will brighten up.

lakelover

Rear Admiral

Congrats on the retirement! You seem like the kind of guy who will love it. Since I retired I found that I need 36 hours in a day, but the difference is, I'm enjoying every one of them!

I found it took me a year to get used to the idea. The further I get from work, the less I want another job!

Autotech

Petty Officer 1st Class

Hey Art, I just may come that way after Key west ,I have to go to Va. to see grand baby and I want to go to Maine never been there either. Heard the Lobster is pretty good up there, as far as the work part weelllll. We will just have to see, but it ain't looking too good right now. I'm thinking this retirement thing might just work.
Rob I would like to BC without all the snow but might have to wait a year..

Bamaman1

Lieutenant Commander

I retired 3 years ago @ 58 years old, and don't have time to work any longer. I put in 2-4 weeks a year doing mission projects--building houses for tornado and/or flood victims mainly. We go on one big vacation out of the country a year, and use our RV in the mountains 3-4 weeks per year. We have 2 young grandchildren to help raise. Otherwise, I'm always cutting grass and have a building project going on at all times. We really don't have time to go very far on vacation, as I've got too much to do at home.

I've been to Key West, and it's just another island--full of people with "alternative lifestyles." There are many beaches much closer to Merigold, MS than Key West (1,200 miles.)

salty87

Commander

Hey Art, I just may come that way after Key west ,I have to go to Va. to see grand baby and I want to go to Maine never been there either. Heard the Lobster is pretty good up there...

the drive up the coast from Mass to Maine is a great ride. lots of little towns w/marinas with restaurants. make sure to hit portsmouth, NH...great place to visit.