Seafoam Deep Creep

khelhelou

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Hi, my 1966 Evinrude 60hp sportfour doesnt idle well, misfires sometimes and sometimes turns off by itself, would Seafoam Deep Creep help me at all, I already bought it and im ready to apply it but dont no where to start and how long to keep it on...

Also I plan on taking the boat out tomorrow to the Detroit River to get rid of the carbon build up...

Chip Chester

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Seafoam Deep Creep

Given your engine symptoms, I would want the problem well sorted prior joining the river traffic...

Chip

boobie

Supreme Mariner

Follow the directions on the can to a T.

khelhelou

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Follow the directions on the can to a T.

i took out the spark plugs and sprayed into the holes and stood the motor upright. I was also wondering if it was ok to spray into the two holes that lead to carburator? Thanks

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Follow the directions, lou.

JDusza

Ensign

If you're not idling well, you have low speed carburetor circuit problems or ignition problems.

First, check your spark with an air gap spark tester and ensure the spark can jump 7/16" gap; all cylinders.
Then, go for cleaning the fuel system.
You may get more immediate results with carburetor and choke cleaner. Spray the cleaner into the carburetor fuel inlets to wash the needle valve and seat. Someone else may comment.
The acetone may give you a more instantaneous benefit as the SeaFoam may take a while to wash out the innards.
Definitely add regular SeaFoam to your fuel every couple tanks. Follow the can's directions.
J

rickryder

Commander

Deep Creep is a penetrating oil......your looking for just plain old Sea Foam and that is just added to your fuel.

khelhelou

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Agree- Sounds like you are doing a de-carb?

http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=158076

thanks for all the comments guys...yea boss hawg I want to but I was just worried that dumping deep creep into the carburator would have negative effects...

Now aside from that I took the boat out yesterday to an inland lake just to test it out, it started up like a champ on the second try and then ran like a dream for a good 2hours...now in those two hours I would turn off the engine to enjoy the view and then turn it back on and everytime I did that it turn on the first time and we took off..when I put it in forward , it would jerk is that normal?

So now for the bad news, I was pulling in to dock and right before I got close enough the motor turned off and I couldnt get it to turn back on? I have two batteries and I tried them both, although I think they may of been low on power, because I just bought them yeaterday morning and didnt charge them...what could cause the motor to turn off and not turn back on? I would hear it cranking but then all of a sudden it would stop and sound as if something is spinnimg imside the motor?

khelhelou

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Heres a video i just took, its not really focused because its off my phone but itll do the job, let me know what you guys think...and i was just wondering what the two black knobs were that the owner before me wrapped two white metal pieces around were? thanks