Quicksilver3000 throttle only control issues

Alanvan69

Cadet
I guess I have 2 questions I'm looking for here.

1st: With this control when u press in the throttle only button are u then suppossed to be able to move the throttle handle forwards with out pressing the red switch postion lock button? I can't move the throttle only even with this throttle only button pushed in unless I pull up on the red button to shift. Then I'm effectively in gear anyways so I see no point in that button.

2nd: Yesterday on the river i pushed it in to try it again and it was sorta stuck in ie would not come out. Boat would start in the neutral position all the same but when I went to back up the boat then went forwards not backwards. I jiggled it and it came out and then backed up normal and shifted to forward as normal. After fishing most of the morning in a downpour I went to restart the motor and it wouldnt start turned over just would not fire up. I pushed in that button again and this time it stuck in and now wont come out. I limped home on my electric trolling motor. Motor acted like it was flooded or something that was my best guess at the time due to that button stuck in. Now at home when i turn the prop by hand it turns but almost like a click click click as it turns like a gear is partially still engaged yet it will turn over as if its in full neutral.

Any advice what is normal here could this thing have flooded it?

Thanks Alan

PS: Motor is a 1999 merc 60hp

Alanvan69

Cadet
Re: Quicksilver3000 throttle only control issues

I guess I have 2 questions I'm looking for here.

1st: With this control when u press in the throttle only button are u then suppossed to be able to move the throttle handle forwards with out pressing the red switch postion lock button? I can't move the throttle only even with this throttle only button pushed in unless I pull up on the red button to shift. Then I'm effectively in gear anyways so I see no point in that button.

2nd: Yesterday on the river i pushed it in to try it again and it was sorta stuck in ie would not come out. Boat would start in the neutral position all the same but when I went to back up the boat then went forwards not backwards. I jiggled it and it came out and then backed up normal and shifted to forward as normal. After fishing most of the morning in a downpour I went to restart the motor and it wouldnt start turned over just would not fire up. I pushed in that button again and this time it stuck in and now wont come out. I limped home on my electric trolling motor. Motor acted like it was flooded or something that was my best guess at the time due to that button stuck in. Now at home when i turn the prop by hand it turns but almost like a click click click as it turns like a gear is partially still engaged yet it will turn over as if its in full neutral.

Any advice what is normal here could this thing have flooded it?

Thanks Alan

PS: Motor is a 1999 merc 60hp

No one even knows if throttle should work with out pressing the shift button in if using the throttle only button?