It got me again

Water logged

Petty Officer 1st Class
We had it all planned out, on 5/2 we were taking the toon out for the 1st time in over 6 months. Launched it, and beached it. About an hour of cleaning, loaded up to take off on a cruise. It started, but no power putting it in gear killed it, ran rough then died and wouldn't restart. I had the same symptoms Oct. 2010. I called around for someplace to get it fixed. The earliest I could get it in was May 9th:facepalm: which was the day we were returning home. So we dropped it off on the way home and by the time we got there the shop called and said it was ready to go. The last time that happened it took 3 days to fix it. Problem was the same area as before, but different part and less cleanup. The last time the fuel control module flooded the whole engine, oil tank, cylinders, air intake system, etc. This time it was the float that controls feed to the module and it just shut off the fuel flow. So a week of great weather and nothing to do. Sorry this is so long, I tried to shorten it, but!

Glenn

The Rooster

Ensign
Re: It got me again

I feel for you Glenn. I'm having trouble believing this is happening to a 2008 motor w/ an excellent reputation. Any chance it's still covered under warranty? Good luck !!!