HP rating for 14ft Ouchita aluminum jon boat???

I have a 14 foot aluminum jon boat made by ouchita with no markings or anything other than the ouchita logo. can anyone help me identify the model, year, or hp rating for this boat? i will post pictures, but they are from when i first bought it. so i already welded the crack/shear in the upper back corner, replaced the transom, and all that. just need to know what the max HP rating for an outboard motor would be on this boat.boat 001.jpgboat 003.jpgboat 004.jpgboat 007.jpgboat 013.jpg

lakelover

Rear Admiral
Re: HP rating for 14ft Ouchita aluminum jon boat???

I have a 1971 Ouchita 14' utility boat with a pretty flat floor, but comes to a V in the front. Max. hp rating is 10. It's light & fairly flies with a 9.9. I don't know if jons are usually rated a little higher/lower for hp? Maybe someone else knows that.

a800F-400w.jpg

coastalrichard

Lieutenant

Incoop will be around soon, he'll know for sure.

would a 1956 15hp evinrude super fastwin be too big for this boat?

lncoop

Vice Admiral

Maleficent, how deep and wide is it? Kinda hard to tell from the pics, but it looks like a 14"x32". If so, that fifteen might be pushing it a bit. It would probably be okay, especially with your new and improved transom, but I wouldn't be comfy with anything more than a 9.9. On the other hand, if it's an 18"x36" a fifteen will be fine. Hard to imagine a few inches in depth and width can make that much difference, but they do (no comments from the peanut gallery please:p).

coastalrichard

Lieutenant

Maleficent, how deep and wide is it? Kinda hard to tell from the pics, but it looks like a 14"x32". If so, that fifteen might be pushing it a bit. It would probably be okay, especially with your new and improved transom, but I wouldn't be comfy with anything more than a 9.9. On the other hand, if it's an 18"x36" a fifteen will be fine. Hard to imagine a few inches in depth and width can make that much difference, but they do (no comments from the peanut gallery please:p).

mmmm'm mmm mmmm mmm mmmmm mmm...:facepalm: