Ted Williams 7.5 hp

Whosonfirst?

Recruit
Hello!. New to the forum. I have a Ted Williams 7.5 hp made in 1973 TED WILLIAMS Model Number: 217-5888-1

and Serial Number: 3A 145799
It runs rough after running it at the wrong fuel mixture (25:1). I was told that it should be 50:1. Replaced gas to 50:1. Still runs rough after 15 minutes. Do I need to clean out the carb again? Replace the spark plug? BTW, what is the correct gap, I have .030. Thanks, any help is much appreciated!

M

mrcrabs

Re: Ted Williams 7.5 hp

Welcome to Iboats Whosonfirst?
24:1 is the correct fuel ratio but..............:cool:................your engine model tells me that if it were mine I would be using anywhere from 32:1 to 50:1 depending on the air temp. and exactly how hard I was going to use it that day.
the plug gaps at .35 use Champion RJ14YC or RJ12C or Autolite no. 86

As for ruff running, did you remove the welch plug on the side of the carb and clean the jets when you cleaned it?

There are those around here who believe swabbing out the carb gingerly is politicaly correct but I tell you its un-manly and shes not clean until she sets in ethanol for 24hrs and then every orifice has to be penatrated and have compressed air shot through it, I like untwisted no.12 primary wire but then I'm just turned kind a funny that way :p