Volvo dp

SAL14

Recruit
I have a 1994 volvo dp outdrive 1:78 and i am trying to replace the exhust and u joint bellows. I called the mfg regal boats they told me it is a drv 1:78 serial # 3102148476. I could not find any listing for a drv. I called volvo tech support they said it could be: Dpd dpe dpc. But they for some reason could not find what drive it was with the serial number, which is odd. I bought both bellows from a local dealer and we were both guessing at the model. I just spent $175.00 for both bellows (bend over) but before i "attemp" to take it down (and hopefully not have spare parts or broken parts) can you give me the correct part numbers for these bellows before i open the boxes and eat $175.00 of rubber. I have also read everything on the internet about how to change these bellows, but, i would like to see or read how to do this on the outdrive that i have before hand, any suggestions. If not, of course the marina will do it for the tune of $1500.00 to $2300.00 depending on which outdrive i have.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
Re: Volvo dp

at the top of the thread is a link for volvo penta parts. I would start there, go to genuine volvo parts.

also, at the top of the forum is a sticky that has links to the information on changing the bellows

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

One, don't panic. The DP-A,B.C.D.and E all take the same bellows. It takes about 30 minutes to an hour for you to change them yourself if you want to do the job. It's easy.
Here is a thread that shows what to do and what seals you will need. You DO NOT pull the drive to change the bellows.
http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=309095
Do you have the part numbers handy for the bellows you bought?

muc

"Retired" Association of Marine Technicians...

Serial number is for a DP-D1
876294 Bellows kit u-joints
876631 Bellows kit exhaust