1986 ss 201

Status
Not open for further replies.

dozerII

Admiral
I passed up the 22'SS because it would have put me 2 feet over length to tow in Alberta behind my 5th wheel. I never thought a 20 let alone a V5 would show up this quick.
Deposit recieved by the P/O, ROAD TRIP FRIDAY:D

20SS.jpg

Last edited:

TundraRocks

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: 20'v5 ss

Can't wait to see what you are going to do with that beautiful find. Drive safe.

InMotion

Commander

Now be honest... is she goin' naked???:D

Looks fantastic Glen.

Looking forward to following the rebuild!!!

dozerII

Admiral

Can't wait to see what you are going to do with that beautiful find. Drive safe.

Thanks TR

Now be honest... is she goin' naked???:D

Looks fantastic Glen.

Looking forward to following the rebuild!!!

I will have to check her out first Jim, the hull looks to be in awsome shape the P/O syas there are no dents or deep scratchs.

what year is the 20 V5 looking good

Hey Puget, thanks , it is a 1986, with a 4.3 liter Mercruiser.
Glen

Pugetsound

Lieutenant Commander

WOW An 86 will be just like a New Boat. Sounds like a fun springtime road trip. Enjoy and don.t forget to grease the wheels.

Brenn

Petty Officer 1st Class

wow thats a nice boat.i bet she will really move on the water.

chuckndiscs

Petty Officer 1st Class

huh.....a v5 and everything. Guess I just missed that fact as pointed out by the picture OR I WOULD OF BOUGHT IT MYSELF AND NOT POSTED ABOUT IT HERE! :facepalm: Race ya to the boat with more money? :D

Nice boat! Drive safe and as jas pointed out steak and lobster are on me (But you got to remember that steak and lobster CANADA style is a "tube steak" (Hotdog) and crayfish, right? :eek:

Chuck

Starman8

Chief Petty Officer

The picture doesn't have the additional strakes of a V5

chuckndiscs

Petty Officer 1st Class

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Can't wait to see how you do up a boat you're actually going to keep!

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

Such a great hull man, way to go! Is it ok if I watch ya put this project together:D

Cool thanks:cool:

Starman8

Chief Petty Officer

According to the 1986 brochure, the SS was not offered. The SFM was offered in 16' and 18'

In addition, a V5 hull has the two additional strakes that run to the bow/keel fore

There are V5 hull pics in one of the restoration threads.

If the boat is an 86, it may be an SFM, but that doesn't look like a V5 hull.

dozerII

Admiral

According to the 1986 brochure, the SS was not offered. The SFM was offered in 16' and 18'

In addition, a V5 hull has the two additional strakes that run to the bow/keel fore

There are V5 hull pics in one of the restoration threads.

If the boat is an 86, it may be an SFM, but that doesn't look like a V5 hull.

You need to look a little closer at the pic Starman, there are two strakes. According to the info On Iboats it is a V20 21'6" long. If it was a SFM it would not have the bow seating and should have a ski locker.
Glen

dozerII

Admiral

WOW An 86 will be just like a New Boat. Sounds like a fun springtime road trip. Enjoy and don.t forget to grease the wheels.

Thank Puget, the P/O is greasing th bearings for me and checking out the lights.

wow thats a nice boat.i bet she will really move on the water.

Thanks Brenn, he told me it does 65mph on the gps, A little to fast for me.

huh.....a v5 and everything. Guess I just missed that fact as pointed out by the picture OR I WOULD OF BOUGHT IT MYSELF AND NOT POSTED ABOUT IT HERE! :facepalm: Race ya to the boat with more money? :D

Nice boat! Drive safe and as jas pointed out steak and lobster are on me (But you got to remember that steak and lobster CANADA style is a "tube steak" (Hotdog) and crayfish, right? :eek:

Chuck

Thanks Chuck, tube steak works for me, I'm leaving Friday at noon , hoping to be there by 9 am Saturday.
Dont forget to grab this one as well on your way through:

http://northernwi.craigslist.org/boa/2942927052.html

View attachment 141731

WOWSAS!:eek:

Chuck

Can only tow one, and that one is way to big, you can have it.

Can't wait to see how you do up a boat you're actually going to keep!

Thanks EZ, ya I know there have been a lot of boats go through the hanger in the last two years. Unless this one has some unforseen problems she will be the keeper, my short wife can trip in this one and not get close to falling over board lol.

+1 on that EZ! Dozer always does amazing work!

Thanks Piece

Such a great hull man, way to go! Is it ok if I watch ya put this project together:D

Cool thanks:cool:
Thanks Jason, You can watch but your probably getting sick of my projects by now.

Glen

Starman8

Chief Petty Officer

Just asking because..............I have a call into a 1985 20' and here is the hull.

Look at the strake that runs all the way fore to the bow keel

Your picture does not have it

V5

Attachments

• 198520v5.jpg
    198520v5.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 3

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

What was it? 7 days without a second SC or money down on one. D!! - You have terminal MBS. Terminal because someday the wife will fall out of one and you'll be a deadman. :p

She does look nice And awaiting pics when she gets to the hangar.

dozerII

Admiral

Just asking because..............I have a call into a 1985 20' and here is the hull.

Look at the strake that runs all the way fore to the bow keel

Your picture does not have it

V5

Hey Starman, it does look different than DJ's or the one you showed, but it is really different than a standard 18 or 20. It has double rows of rivets and the second strake, only the strake doesn't go up the bow. The fellow says it is a 20 v5, will have to see what the plate say's when I get there.

What was it? 7 days without a second SC or money down on one. D!! - You have terminal MBS. Terminal because someday the wife will fall out of one and you'll be a deadman. :p

She does look nice And awaiting pics when she gets to the hangar.
Thanks Ga, Ole Blue was gone for 6 hours when I put a deposit on this one, Ya I'm uncurerable.
Glen

Status
Not open for further replies.