Looking at a 2003 Larson SEI 210 fish n ski

UGatorBaitF

Cadet
Hey Guys...Had a boat...got t-boned in an automobile accident back from the lake...so back on the market...new to larsons...

Looking at a 2003 Larson SEI 210
Dealer is asking $19,900
I talked him down to $15,500 all in (all fees etc...)

Good deal or more room to budge?

dealer description:
Almost like new and loaded to the gills 2003 Larson 210 SEI fish and ski. This boat looks showroom new and has all the cool fishing and skiing options. It comes with snap in carpet, fish and depth finder, trolling motor, live well, built in tackle box storage, huge ski locker, (2) fishing seats, huge sunpad, new boat battery, new trolling motor battery, cd stereo, color matched tandem axle trailer and a 5.0L 305 small block V8 motor. The boat looks absolutely fantastic and is ready to go. It has had a full detail, complete inspection including compression test and has been serviced with oil change, fuel filter change, drive service, new impeller and a full tune up. She needs nothing but a new home.

DSC06243.jpg
DSC06244.jpg
DSC06246.jpg
DSC06248.jpg
DSC06249.jpg

jmarty10

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Looking at a 2003 Larson SEI 210 fish n ski

Wow! Nice looking boat. You talked him down $4400 so youve done some good work there. If you like it youre probably ready to buy.

coastalrichard

Lieutenant

Gator, that's a fine rig right there. Price seems to still be a bit high. I bought a 2007 Mariah DX212 (21') w/ 150 Merc for that last summer. Maybe get him to throw in 2k in (retail value) other stuff (pfd's, paddle, whatever you'll need/want). It won't cost him near his retail value to do it but it would cost you the same off his lot! Nice boat. BTW, where will you be using it?

UGatorBaitF

Cadet

I'll be on Lake Lanier in Georgia....

I have found a few others from some 1 owners etc...prices are just on the rise. That was the whole point of me purchasing my other boat about 2 1/2 months ago.

I started to look at some bow riders as I had a fish n ski before...but I would miss the ability to go fishing way too much. This boat is on consignment, so I know there has to be some more wiggle room. I would feel a lot better around $12k-$14k...

I just got off the phone with this guy about this Glastron...
http://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/bod/2943801589.html

This boat looks to be awesome...no fish n ski, but I know I could probably pick it up for about $13.5 cash

MarkSee

Lieutenant Junior Grade

The size of the boats being about equal and the same cubic inch engine and 1 model year apart, comparing these 2 boats seem like apples and oranges. The Larson is Mercury powered and set up for fishing adventures along with anything else and on a tandem axel trailer where the Glastron is Volvo powered with no built-in fishing capabilities on a single axel. Since you admit that you would miss that fishing ability, why look at something at the outset you will be disappointed with to just save a little money that over the course of several years wil probably not make a difference? As you know this is consignment boat and the dealer will probably still get around 10% (some have a minimum also/instead) no matter what the price, consider how much lower you really want to haggle or if this a dealer you want to do business in the future.
Mark

coastalrichard

Lieutenant

I started to look at some bow riders as I had a fish n ski before...but I would miss the ability to go fishing way too much. This boat is on consignment, so I know there has to be some more wiggle room. I would feel a lot better around $12k-$14k...
Isn't this your answer?

UGatorBaitF

Cadet

suppose so...lol

You know...sometimes you just want to make sure something is a good deal...

MarkSee

Lieutenant Junior Grade

...so what if you try and wiggle down more and they say nope, that's as low as we'll go; take it or leave it. Are you really going to pass on a boat you really want for one you don't really want over an extra couple thousand lower than what already seems like a good deal?
Then on the 2nd trip out say to yourself, "wish I had bought the other boat"? Really? Seriously?
Mark

UGatorBaitF

Cadet

easy before you jump (to conclusions that is) there Mark....just posted a question to get some feedback...remember...i said i don't know Jack sh!t about larsons. I didn't even know if it was a good boat or not. Going for a test drive tomorrow...with cash in truck :)

MarkSee

Lieutenant Junior Grade

easy before you jump (to conclusions that is) there Mark....just posted a question to get some feedback...remember...i said i don't know Jack sh!t about larsons. I didn't even know if it was a good boat or not. Going for a test drive tomorrow...with cash in truck :)
As you indicate, you're asking for feedback which is an open ended type question especially in a forum; that's exactly what I gave you some of which was questions for you to think about. Not sure why you would think I was jumping to any conclusions as the only one that can come to a conclusion is you when you buy a boat; whatever boat that is.
What you might consider doing the next time you ask an open ended question for feedback: if you get to the point of not wanting any more feedback, just indicate that in the thread so folks know you're not looking for any additional comments at this time.
Mark

UGatorBaitF

Cadet

guess the point for me is an extra couple thousand is a lot of money...would rather buy some stock to sell later....not just through it at a boat so i'll be happy...i find happiness a lot of other places.

Although a boat does make me happy also...it does not have to be perfect...

I guess i should have shared the other item that is a pain now...everytime my wife sees a boat she has to take a ****!!!! lol

So that is why I considered other boats such as a larger bow rider or a cuddy walk through etc...

Anyways....they were good questions and did make me think...some people just have other priorities.

damn...I want another boat...lol