Help ID my new boat

Waldo9

Recruit
just got this boat off craigslist for one heck of a deal the title says homemade. . . can anyone help me id it

2031.jpg

2033.jpg

2027.jpg

1973Chieftain

Lieutenant
Re: Help ID my new boat

Welcome to iboats Waldo!! Is that three engines hanging off the back?

southkogs

Staff member

Same thought I just had ... if it was an airplane, my first guess would have been a Ford Tri-Motor :D ... Thank you, thank you, I'll be here all week...

Welcome aboard Waldo. It's not homemade (least, I'd be surprised at that). I'd look at a couple of the fishing outfitters online and see if it matches anything they're selling.

... just a thought. Might check to see if all of those OBs are safe hanging on the back like that. Don't know if it's designed to run that way, but I'd want to double check the strength of the transom. I'm not even sure if I'm seeing safety chains on the OBs.

Waldo9

Recruit

That would be 3 motors hanging off the back. . . i was in the process of building my motor stand and that was a convient place to hang them. . . I bought this boat, trailer, (motor on the left)1975 20hp Merc Thunderbolt, a 1982 30hp Mariner with a stick steer and controls not pictured (with wiring issues from a squirrel is what the previous owner said), and a evinrude 15hp motor (the one on the right) for 700 bucks today on craigslist. . . This past monday i bought a 14' sea nymph with the 2005 15hp Merc on it for 740 bucks turned around and sold the sea nymph and trailer for 720 the next day so i got the 15hp merc for 20 bucks. . . Titles for everything! i just cant seem to find this boat anywhere on the internet it has been siting in this old mans yard for 7 years under a tarp he bought it and never moved it. . .

Waldo9

Recruit

... just a thought. Might check to see if all of those OBs are safe hanging on the back like that. Don't know if it's designed to run that way, but I'd want to double check the strength of the transom. I'm not even sure if I'm seeing safety chains on the OBs.

that would be a great thought to start with if that is what i was actually going to do but i will be only using the 15hp merc thats on the transom in the middle

southkogs

Staff member

I bought this boat, trailer, (motor on the left)1975 20hp Merc Thunderbolt, a 1982 30hp Mariner with a stick steer and controls not pictured (with wiring issues from a squirrel is what the previous owner said), and a evinrude 15hp motor (the one on the right) for 700 bucks today on craigslist

Good score!

that would be a great thought to start with if that is what i was actually going to do but i will be only using the 15hp merc thats on the transom in the middle

cool ... actually that little mug should fly with a 15 on it!

I had an old plastic one years ago. A little wider than that with three benches instead of the swivel seats. It came from Sears and was branded for them. That's why I suggested looking at a couple of the outfitters. Might be hard to figure out if it's 7 years old though.

I liked that plastic boat for fishing on one of the lakes close by me ... it handled hitting rocks much better than fiberglass would.