1969 glassmaster tri hull

im restoring my tri hull and am wondering if it would be okay to seal the floor before i lay down the deck? im thinking mostly about sealing the fiberglass. should i do it with resin or a type of paint? sorry i sound ignorant :confused:
im also pouring foam

bear_69cuda

Commander
Re: 1969 glassmaster tri hull

howdy and welcome to dry dock on iboats...

Not sure what you mean when you say floor? The deck is usually the floor... Are you talking about the inside of the hull?

Pictures would help us help you as well!

We'll get you dialed in brutha ninja!

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner

I think he's talking about the hull. There is no need to "Seal" it before installing the deck. You do know that you should install the deck prior to Foaming it??

its the inside of the hull. i had an idea to seal it with a roll on truck bed liner. i will get pics up asap. keep in mind when you see the boat in needs some work. yes on deck before foam IMG_2176 (Large).jpg IMG_2177 (Large).jpg the previous owner screwed the deck through the hull belive it or not. thats the reason i ask about sealing the hull from the inside.i just figured its only 16 ft and a tri hull with little space under the deck so.... Screw holes in hull bottom to be repaired after work tomorrow night

Not a whole lot of tri hull love here i fear. I guess ill just post to this thread like a diary,hopefully someone in the future will find my experiences throughout my rebuild useful.

the previous owner of my boat just kept putting floor after floor on top of the original(1/4 in plywood glassed in).eventually using some pretty long sheetrock screws that pierced through the bottom of the hull,from inside to outside just to be clear. the screw heads were broken off and most of the remains were rusted and lodged into the fiberglass. lastnight i drilled the rusted remains out with a larger drill bitt leaving me with clean uniform holes to repair and no worries of rusty spots in the future.
today i go to patch the holes with cloth and resin from the inside.

Rayandrewss

Seaman

I dont see where that would hurt at all.......it would make me feel better if it was my boat.....my tri-hull, everything is glass.

does anyone know where to find some info on replacing stringers on a trihull?

just a bit of info for any future glassmaster trihull owners. when seperating the cap and hull i drilled and hollowed out the rivets connecting the cap and hull. i then took my sonicrafter and cut the rivets from the gap under the capjust to fully disconnect every single one. i then had to cut along the seam with the sonicrafter from the inside where fiberglass tape seals the cap and hull from the inside.after i cut along the cap hull gap around the transom . cap is now 90% free to be removed. just have to do further work along transom line.