1992 VIP Vision

jimray

Recruit
I just bought a 92 vip vision, took it out on the water and it seems to run and drive great, the trim prop doesnt work and the gas gauge dont work, the throttle handle is loose and makes it hard to go into forward and reverse. can anyone give me any advise on how to fix and boat in general

jimray

Recruit
Re: I just bought a 1992 VIP vision

i meant the trim gauge

Bondo

Staff member

I just bought a 92 vip vision, took it out on the water and it seems to run and drive great, the trim prop doesnt work and the gas gauge dont work, the throttle handle is loose and makes it hard to go into forward and reverse. can anyone give me any advise on how to fix and boat in general

Ayuh,... Welcome Aboard,....

What motor, 'n drive,..??

Get a testlight, 'n follow the circuits for the gauges...

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

You are going to need a bit more information. Is it an outboard or an IO, who makes it, what size motor, if an IO what drive, what control do you have (pictures work best for controls since there usually are no numbers on them).

jimray

Recruit
1992 VIP Vision

i did not give enough info about my boat it has a 3.0 i/o it runs great , problems gas gauge and trim gauge dont work , could use some advise on how to fix, also throttle handle is loose and makes it hard to shift. this is my first boat and would appreciate any helpfull advise from more experianced boaters. if any one has owned a vip vision would like any advice you have for me. thanks everyone ,jim

Bondo

Staff member
Re: 1992 VIP Vision

Ayuh,... I merged yer threads Jim,...
Otherwise, you'd have 2 threads, 'n nobody would know what yer talkin' about....

Please keep yer thoughts together in yer thread..

as I said yesterday,... Grab a testlight, 'n See what's wrong with yer gauges...
There ain't no Easy Button, ya gotta Look...

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

i did not give enough info about my boat it has a 3.0 i/o it runs great

You don't understand, your trim gauge system is also part of the outdrive, without knowing who makes the outdrive, you get no information.
VIP does not make engines or outdrives, in 92 they bought them from Mercruiser, OMC, Volvo, or Yamaha. If you don't tell us exactly what you have, then we can't tell you how to fix it.
'
Your gas gauge problem should be posted over in the electrical forum, there are about 500 posts in that forum about gas gauges.

jimray

Recruit

You don't understand, your trim gauge system is also part of the outdrive, without knowing who makes the outdrive, you get no information.
VIP does not make engines or outdrives, in 92 they bought them from Mercruiser, OMC, Volvo, or Yamaha. If you don't tell us exactly what you have, then we can't tell you how to fix it.
'
Your gas gauge problem should be posted over in the electrical forum, there are about 500 posts in that forum about gas gauges.

Sorry it is a mercruiser

oops!

Supreme Mariner

Sorry it is a mercruiser

welcome aboard jim.

we need more info know that we know its an i.o. what size?

on the top of the cover is a number ......it says motor id....
then transom id.

that will help us help you